• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

R8 Hand-picked top, page 93 burst

reswot

R8 Hand-picked top, page 93 burst - SOLD!

I've got a few guitars and amps that I'm thinking of selling. I'm selling simply because it's time. I have a ton of guitars and amps and really don't play that much, anymore. I only play at home and I'm playing acoustic most of the time. We're thinking of moving, so I started thinking about downsizing.

First up is a 2014-model (made in April 2015) "Page 93 Burst" R8, this is one of the hand-picked-tops series from Dave's Guitar and is supposed to replicate the finish of the Stanley Burst. You can be the judge of that, but it's a nice sunrise teaburst that has an R9-quality top on it. It's interesting that they called it an R8, but I suppose that was all about price-point.

The electronics have been replaced. The pickups are a couple of ThroBak SLE-101+ MXVs. I bought these from someone on TGP, but found that they weren't originally in a set after I got them. The neck pickup has a nickel cover aged by Jon; the bridge pickup cover was aged by the previous owner. It's been a while, but I believe that the neck pickup is a zebra and the bridge pickup is double-black. Although the pair apparently wasn't originally sold as a set, they sound fantastic and I've kept them together.

The pots and caps have been replaced with a set from Retrospec; I still have the original harness and will include it with the guitar.

Plastic parts include a set of Creamtone rings, a Creamtone switch ring, and a MojoAxe guard.

The only other change has been that I installed a set of Pigtail tailpiece studs because the original studs were almost black from being over-aged. I can swap them back, if you'd like.

Overall, the guitar's in great shape. It's got a few dings on the back that I've photographed; nothing to the top or neck. It's got a neck more like an R9 and the weight is 8.8 pounds on my digital scale. The neck is damn-near dead straight and the action is set at 3/64" and 5/64". The frets are great, only slight signs of being played. I love this guitar; I sold my 2007 R9 Historic Makeover after getting this one. I just don't play enough to warrant having three LPs and this one is, by far, the most valuable. It deserves to go to someone who'll play it more regularly.

The case is in excellent shape; the gold medallion switch cover is in the case. The guitar will be packed well.

Price is $4000 + PP and shipping.

Here are some pics:

Front.jpg

Front1.jpg

Front2.jpg

Front3.jpg

Front4.jpg

Front5.jpg

Back1.jpg

Back2.jpg

Back3.jpg

Last edited: