• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Replica 02' R0 Yamano? (with S/N in picture)

Kurapikov

The circuit is heavily modified by me and shielded. 2 pots have "Gibson" logo on them, and another 2 have been replaced by me. Should have no CTS there.

Also I replaced the chip caps by WIMAs.

a long necktenon, so no a reworked classic, early 2000 (late 90 ties) inlay had rounded corners so that also no odd, any pics of the cavities ?

brandtkronholm

The seventh picture posted in igur:

Do I see a second piece of maple in the cut-away? If so, then that is strange. (It's probably just the binding that I'm seeing...) I'd like to see more pictures of the pickup and control cavities that show clear images of the maple meeting the mahogany. A regular picture of the control cavity would be enlightening too.

RajEOIt.jpg

Ordinarily, this would be the bottom line:
...because I've used it for 5 yrs and loved it so much.
Nothing else matters, right?
-- But it actually does matter!

If you've owned the guitar for five years it may be too late to receive any refund.
However, if it is a fake re-issue, even a well done fake, then it is good to know that they exist.
(I've seen one fake R9, it was about 9 years ago. It was very well done and I couldn't tell. The owner of the shop made a point of showing it to me and telling me it was a fake R9.)

Last edited:

GreenBurst

The seventh picture posted in igur:

Do I see a second piece of maple in the cut-away? If so, then that is strange. (It's probably just the binding that I'm seeing...) I'd like to see more pictures of the pickup and control cavities that show clear images of the maple meeting the mahogany. A regular picture of the control cavity would be enlightening too.

RajEOIt.jpg

Looking closely it appears to be damaged wood at the binding edge. A common fix is to add filler. That is probably what this is.

From all of the pics this appears to be 2002 R9 with a newer case.