• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2020 Gibson 1958 m2m vs Gibson 1960 60th anniversary

hydraman

I was wondering what to buy,im hesitating between a 58 Les Paul and the new 60th anniversary 1960 Les Paul.I know the 60's have a slimmer neck and more flames although I like the 58,just sold my 59 and wanted something of a more aggressive sound in the vein of late 80's glamrock.

goldtop0

I was wondering what to buy,im hesitating between a 58 Les Paul and the new 60th anniversary 1960 Les Paul.I know the 60's have a slimmer neck and more flames although I like the 58,just sold my 59 and wanted something of a more aggressive sound in the vein of late 80's glamrock.

You'd need a different guitar wouldn't you for the glam rock stuff..........something with a whammy bar for a start........and EMGs maybe.

jrgtr42

The neck and top has next to nothing to do with the sound -
if you want the "80's glamrock" sound, swap the stock pickups to Dimarzio Super Distortion, get a 5-foot high rack rig and some spandex, and you're there.
Or just get a custom Jackson. Need the naked girls airbrushed on the top.

hydraman

No no the custom shop guitars are perfect for me I had the 60th anniversary 1959 but I had a friend who gave me a crazy good price so I sold it.Now I have a choice between the 1960 60th anniversary and a 2019 1958 M2M iced tea fade with a lot of flames and don't know which one to choose although there is a difference of 800 dollars between them???:##

Tim Plains

Do you want a thicker or thinner neck? That's really all there is to it.

Gold Tone

Glam rock is Mick Ronson and Marc Bolan 70’s rock no? Norlin era pancake body lesters

Late 80’s is hair metal rock with a very different set up

Name some artists and bands you’re thinking of and you’ll be steered in the right direction

Big Al

You can play anything on any guitar that suits you. Amp and fx are more important. I just cannot understand these threads. "Which guitar should I get?". If you need to ask, you need to pass. The one you have to have is the one you have to buy.