• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My new (old) 2002 Les Paul

CK6

Hope everyone is well!

Picked up a Les Paul Standard earlier this week, born January 6, 2002.

I purchased this guitar new in 2002 and sold it in 2007 for an R9 to an old neighbour. The following year our house was broken into and all of my guitars were stolen, but this one was "saved".

Now that I have moved back home after living in two different countries, I asked the former owner if he'd be willing to sell it to me & he agreed! He had hardly played it and it was like an old friend and time capsule, as it had my name written in the pickup cavity. Its a 60's neck profile and I had the neck sanded down for a satin finish back in the day. I threw in some new pickups and now its in the shop for a re-fret.

Plays and sounds great and is surprisingly as light as my aged & signed Frehley Burst.

Still has my old Kiss sticker on it too :dude:

Cheers!

jrgtr42

Very cool story (except for the part where you house was broken into.)
I have an '02 as well - April 12th, per the SN. Mine's 50's neck, Iced Tea burst, with a nice quilt to the top.
The only thing I've done to it is switch the plastic jack plate for a nickel one.
Did yours have the Burstbucker pickups, or was that change later on?

CK6

Thanks guys!

Very cool story (except for the part where you house was broken into.)
I have an '02 as well - April 12th, per the SN. Mine's 50's neck, Iced Tea burst, with a nice quilt to the top.
The only thing I've done to it is switch the plastic jack plate for a nickel one.

Cool, mine has the burst buckers stock, but I’ve thrown in some other pickups now. I also added Grovers & a nickel jack plate as well.

Cheers!

metropolis

That's a great story, so pleased you got her back and even more so she's in exactly the same condition as you left her!

4th March over here, 50s neck Light Burst. Mine had Burstbuckers and Bareknuckles but now has Monty's PAFs.

My 02 is very light. Enjoy your guitar!

Ditto with mine. It's my lightest Les Paul compared to two others 13 years either side ('89 & 2015)

CK6

really nice top and sunburst on this one

Thanks!

That's a great story, so pleased you got her back and even more so she's in exactly the same condition as you left her!

Thanks, it’s pretty cool!

4th March over here, 50s neck Light Burst. Mine had Burstbuckers and Bareknuckles but now has Monty's PAFs.

Ditto with mine. It's my lightest Les Paul compared to two others 13 years either side ('89 & 2015)

I assume this is mostly due to the type of weight relief?

Midnight Blues

Congrats, HN(O)GD
jam.gif
and play her in good health!