• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1963 Strat...wonder where it is now?

57gold

ZDOFNV7.jpg

My wife was cleaning out closets and found and old Kodak camera that I bought in 2001 and took last photo in 2002 with. Took hours to figure out how to get 2000 era software to work on 2020 PC, but here is one of the shots on it.

Green guard and white case with black ends. Too bad it was so faded.

Had 4 pre CBS Strats at the time and this one had the least appealing neck to my hand, so I believe I traded it to Gil for a 1959 ES 345 double whites...but that was almost 20 years ago.

cincyguitar

Almost everybody has sold or traded a vintage Strat and can kick them self for not keeping it...I miss my 68 Strat that I bought for $135 in 1971.....:dang

somebodyelseuk

Almost everybody has sold or traded a vintage Strat and can kick them self for not keeping it...I miss my 68 Strat that I bought for $135 in 1971.....:dang
Tell me about it.
My Dad bought one new in 63, would have been like the one in the photo. Sold it, and his AC30, when he got married in 66.
He never made big bucks, and him and my Mum live a modest retirement. He plays a Squier Strat he got in the early 80s, through a VT20 these days.