• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

$6K PAF fugazi on ebay?

goldtop0

No L marks on the feet and new sticker.......could be '57 Classics or Custombuckers.

duaneflowers

Same idiot has listed them several times before using the same bullshit 'had them for 30 years' story. I'm sure he'll catch a sucker one of these days, after which he'll no doubt have another set for sale.

somebodyelseuk

Only a matter of time before people start advertising {insert anally accurate PAF repro}<insert anally="" accurate="" paf="" repro=""> as the real thing.
Trouble is people want other people to think they can afford the real thing. Fender and Gibson always strive to make accurate replicas, but they always make sure there's a detail or two that prevents them being passed off as anything other than a reissue.
I think those PAF repro manufacturers have an obligation to make sure their products cannot be passed off as the real deal.</insert>

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
I hate to be excessively negative, but the feeling among the top Burst people I've talked to is that buying real PAFs online is almost impossible, so why try? They point out that, besides the ones that are obviously fake, there are fakes which are so GOOD that it becomes an exercise in futility.

The market is almost entirely players that believe real PAFs will improve the tone of a guitar that did not come stock with them (conversions, Historics, etc). At least, that has traditionally been the case. However, nowadays, there are such amazing boutique replicas that I'm not sure it's worth the trouble and expense, ESPECIALLY given the difficulties discussed above. Just recently, I had a LP built, and I bought some Yarons for the builder to put in it, and the result was jaw-dropping! There are many others to pick from, really the best of times.

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
great looking covers. They have a detail that is very rare.

Aloha_Ark

Enough is enough. The seller is full of B.S.

...I know just enough to be dangerous. I showed them to Seymour Duncan and his opinion was that they are REAL.

Seymour should sue this clown. Grounds would be third party endorsements:

To make sure buyers can't be misled by endorsements that can't easily be verified, we don't allow the use of third-party statements or logos that vouch for a seller's 'reputation' or 'trustworthiness' in eBay listings or products.

There are only two clone PAF decals that come close to the real deal. One was made by OTPG. The one in the ebay listing is a cheap fake.

Last edited:

El Gringo

Folks save your self the headaches and aggravation and just get some ThroBak's www.throbak.com Think of the savings that you could put towards a NGD . Win Win all around .