• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Custom shop Les Paul Duane Allman edition VOS Version , Expert Needed

crxnug

Hi, Let me start by saying im not a expert on guitars or value on Gibson Guitars so i thought i would contact people who know more then myself, im hoping someone who is a expert on values have a minute to help me with a value on a Les Paul Guitar, i was offered a trade for it and want to make sure im getting equal value
it is a Gibson Custom shop Les Paul Duane Allman edition VOS Version 1 of 150 , its in perfect condition with the certificate and all the extra collectible stuff it came with im told, , if its in perfect condition as it came from gibsonIm Hoping someone would le me know if it is collectible and realistic value, any help would be much appreciated, Danny

duaneflowers

Recently I see them going for about $10K. Highly collectable for Duane Allman fans, not so much for everyone else even though it was an amazing run and they are REALLY nice guitars. :salude

dcdefend

I found one in Japan, had tuners, electronics and pickups changed. Sent it to Historic Makeovers and replaced tuners, electronics and installed Wizz pickups. Clearly, the best sounding of my Les Paul collection. Get one if you can.

marshall1987

Gibson made two distinct versions of the notable Les Pauls that came into Duane's possession during his lifetime.

They were: (1) "Hotlanta", the famous '59 dark-burst Les Paul with gull-wing flame top; and (2) the 1958/'59 Les Paul Std. in a faded cherry-burst finish.

Prices are way up there for the reissue "Hotlanta" Les Pauls, which is the first version, and highly collectible. These guitars are distinguished by the presence of old worn out frets pounded into the back of the guitar by Duane's former roadie and tech. I believe the frets spell out Duane's name.

The second version Gibson reissued in faded cherry-burst finish isn't nearly as valuable.

TM1

Gibson made two distinct versions of the notable Les Pauls that came into Duane's possession during his lifetime.

They were: (1) "Hotlanta", the famous '59 dark-burst Les Paul with gull-wing flame top; and (2) the 1958/'59 Les Paul Std. in a faded cherry-burst finish.

Prices are way up there for the reissue "Hotlanta" Les Pauls, which is the first version, and highly collectible. These guitars are distinguished by the presence of old worn out frets pounded into the back of the guitar by Duane's former roadie and tech. I believe the frets spell out Duane's name.

The second version Gibson reissued in faded cherry-burst finish isn't nearly as valuable.

Duane's name on the back was done by Twiggs Lyndon. Twiggs was the bands Road Manager for the first 13 months until my friend Willie Perkins took over. There was a club owner that stiffed The Allman Bros. for a club date. Twiggs went back the next morning to collect while the rest of the crew was packing up and the guy refused to pay. That really pissed Twiggs off and an altercation ensued and Twiggs stabbed the guy in a fit of rage and ended up doing time in a mental facility..I wish he was still with us.

ADP

Duane's name on the back was done by Twiggs Lyndon. Twiggs was the bands Road Manager for the first 13 months until my friend Willie Perkins took over. There was a club owner that stiffed The Allman Bros. for a club date. Twiggs went back the next morning to collect while the rest of the crew was packing up and the guy refused to pay. That really pissed Twiggs off and an altercation ensued and Twiggs stabbed the guy in a fit of rage and ended up doing time in a mental facility..I wish he was still with us.

What a legend. :dude: