• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My Heritage Guitars

rockabilly69

My Heritage H150 Guitars

Because of the Covid I've been home working on guitars and I did some setups and small repairs on these two H150s...

This darkburst I call Barnabus, and in Big Al nomenclature it's a biter. A few years back forum member Roadrunner turned me on to the Seymour Duncan custom shop Peter Green set, and I just happened to be looking for some PAF like pickups so I dropped a set of those into this guitar, although mine doesn't happen to have the magnets reversed, so I'm not using them for the out of phase thing, along with a Faber ABR, and a Tonepros locking lightweight tail-piece. It's a great guitar...

ec0T9RY.jpg

here's me plugging in and just riffing...

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/peter-green-pickups-in-h150

This lighter burst I call Tangerine, this one gets the Mick Taylor style tones that I love, it has a custom set of Zhangbucker Pure Handwounds, RS kit pots and caps, Faber locking ABR and locking lightweight tail-piece...

GOKyQUY.jpg

all the fills and solo are this guitar

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/blink-of-an-eye

Last edited:

jrgtr42

The darker burst single cut in my avatar is a Heritage H150. 1998 according to the serial number,.
I picked it up about 20 years ago, playing it against a couple dozen Gibsons they had in at the time - new and used, all the way back to early '70s Deluxe and Dlx / Std.
Besides being 500 bucks less than the cheapest Gibson at the time (though looking back I wish I had one of those Deluxes with the mini-buckers)
it played and sounded better than any of them, including a 58 and 59 reissue that was in (those were both probably the worst RIs that I'v e ever played - no body resonance and neither had any bite to the sound)
I've kept it stock, including the pickups - Duncan '59s, and aside from it being about 10.5 pounds, it gets as much play as any of my other guitars.

rockabilly69

Those look great! I have a friend in Chicago who has owned several Heritages.
Thank you

The darker burst single cut in my avatar is a Heritage H150. 1998 according to the serial number,.
I picked it up about 20 years ago, playing it against a couple dozen Gibsons they had in at the time - new and used, all the way back to early '70s Deluxe and Dlx / Std.
Besides being 500 bucks less than the cheapest Gibson at the time (though looking back I wish I had one of those Deluxes with the mini-buckers)
it played and sounded better than any of them, including a 58 and 59 reissue that was in (those were both probably the worst RIs that I'v e ever played - no body resonance and neither had any bite to the sound)
I've kept it stock, including the pickups - Duncan '59s, and aside from it being about 10.5 pounds, it gets as much play as any of my other guitars.
Well you got to love a Darkburst. My first Heritage was 10.5 lbs too, but then I got a line on these lighter ones so I sold it. The darkburst is 9.4lbs the light one is 9lbs. My first one was a great sounding guitar though!