• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

P90 vs humbucker pots and wiring

ultrataco

I have a 2018 Classic Players Plus with P90s that I am converting to humbuckers, for reasons I don't need to get into here. ( I do have another P90 LP so I won't be missing out there :) )
Are the pots and wiring the same for P90s and humbuckers or will I need to replace something? I have not checked the pot values yet. I'm about to look into that.
This guitar line also came in a humbucker version and mini humbucker version, and I'd be surprised if Gibson went to the trouble of using different wiring or pots for the different versions, but I don't know.
(and yes I'm aware this will probably require some body modification but that's not my question here.)
Thanks
:eek:la

duaneflowers

I have a 2018 Classic Players Plus with P90s that I am converting to humbuckers, for reasons I don't need to get into here. ( I do have another P90 LP so I won't be missing out there :) )
Are the pots and wiring the same for P90s and humbuckers or will I need to replace something? I have not checked the pot values yet. I'm about to look into that.
This guitar line also came in a humbucker version and mini humbucker version, and I'd be surprised if Gibson went to the trouble of using different wiring or pots for the different versions, but I don't know.
(and yes I'm aware this will probably require some body modification but that's not my question here.)
Thanks
:eek:la

Depends what you have in there. Generally, humbucker folks are happy with pots in the 500k-550k range with .022uf caps in the bridge and .022uf or .015uf caps in the neck. :salude