• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - 2014 R0 Tobacco Burst - Anyone Familiar With This year?

Bruce R

I found this at a local GC and could not be any happier. Gloss finish in new condition. So clean that I had suspicions that it was even used, but once I saw the case, COA, and hang tags I was satisfied. Believe it or not I have learned to favor the VOS guitars I have seen and owned (my previous R8 and my TV Special) and immediately set about tracking down aged replacement hardware. However, after getting some time in on the instrument I decided for once I would keep it as it! This is an amazing guitar and I am so greatful to have it.

I am not at all familiar with the 2014 run of Custom Shop Les Pauls and would like to get some input on these models, such as finish options, the Custombucker pickups, etc.

R0 Front 2.jpg

goldtop0

Also Bourbonburst comes to mind looking at your R0.............just a beauty:2cool
There were a few finish options available after '13 and I like the Custombuckers a lot(the best pups I've played in LPs since the T-Tops) .........'13+ was a benchmark for improvements eg no plastic condom on the trussrod.
Play her 'till you drop.

Thunder Dump

Guitar Center had a run of exclusive R0s done in Dark Burst gloss (no VOS) in 2014, and yours is probably one of them. Although they were exclusive to GC, they did not have the traditional "G" in front of the serial number. Pickups were Custom Buckers. Great guitars--here's mine:

2014r0-81.jpg

Bruce R

Thanks!! Now things are making a lot more sense with this guitar! It was advertised as a "Tobacco Burst," which I don't care for, but once I saw it in person that it was actually a dark cherry I gave it a second look. Thankfully, for my sake, GC uses poor quality photos on their "Used Gear" guitars with next-to-no specific details in the description, I was able to swoop in and grab it shortly after they advertised it.

Gibson has a "Legacy" section on their website but it only goes back to 2015, so I was not able to pull much up on it. Being a Gloss finish with shiny new hardware makes it a bit intimidating to play, but I will soon remedy that! Even while being a Duncan pickup devotee I am game to give the Custombuckers a go and can't wait to play it out of my den!

And ThunderDump - your R0 is stunning!

El Gringo

Guitar Center had a run of exclusive R0s done in Dark Burst gloss (no VOS) in 2014, and yours is probably one of them. Although they were exclusive to GC, they did not have the traditional "G" in front of the serial number. Pickups were Custom Buckers. Great guitars--here's mine:

2014r0-81.jpg

That is smoking hot as in red hot ! Love it ! both the color and figure !!!!!!

axeman565758

2014r0-81.jpg

I'm not a Darkburst fan at all.....well I wasn't until I saw this.....gorgeous