• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

60th anniversary R9 - what upgrade?

somebodyelseuk

I have a question about the Burst Bucker pickups like the 1 & 3 , what magnets do they come with ? (sounds like A5 to me ? ) Also while we are on this subject I have to think Gibson Custom would have a real winner on there hands if they had used A5 magnets in the Custombuckers versus the A3 magnets . Thoughts anyone ?
I can't help thinking it depends on the specific pickup. Mine are wound near as phucket is to cussing, 8k, bridge and neck. There was a thread on "the other forum" which tended to suggest they were wound all over the place.
Mine with A5s might be quite good, though I prefer A4s given an option. Lower wind CBs might be a bit harsh with A5s.
The romantic in me likes to think they might be doing em like they used to, ie, that looks full, stop the machine...

El Gringo

I can't help thinking it depends on the specific pickup. Mine are wound near as phucket is to cussing, 8k, bridge and neck. There was a thread on "the other forum" which tended to suggest they were wound all over the place.
Mine with A5s might be quite good, though I prefer A4s given an option. Lower wind CBs might be a bit harsh with A5s.
The romantic in me likes to think they might be doing em like they used to, ie, that looks full, stop the machine...

they could be maybe ?

AA00475Bassman

From the photos & feedback I would most likely try to enhance my technique to the standards of these fine guitars !