• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2018 Les Paul Player Plus Series

Steelelfc

So I've only just registered on the forum but have been reading from afar for many years.

I'm in the market for a new Les Paul, Specifically the 2018 Player Plus series (P90's or mini humbuckers preferably)

Can anyone on here give me an insight to their experience with these guitars? Well aware that Gibson have had patchy build quality over the past few years and wondered if owners past & present could enlighten me as to whether they are a sound buy.

If anyone on here has one for sale, let me know :)

Thanks in advance

brittwin

I currently own a Signature Player Plus. It’s a fantastic guitar.
I own other Les Pauls including a 2002 Standard, and the Signature Player is every bit the Les Paul.

You’ll hear a lot of people bash the Richlite fretboard. I’m here to say it plays the same if not better than Rosewood.

they only made them one year in 2018, so they’re starting to dry up. Good luck!

Here’s mine!
48C80DC2-0EDD-40D0-B15E-43D62907AC04.jpg

Attachments

• 1007762E-407D-4E9D-8E9C-D847F5325F5A.jpg
    1007762E-407D-4E9D-8E9C-D847F5325F5A.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 20

SDMFVan

I'll second everything posted above. Fantastic guitars that are every bit as good as my other more traditional specced LP's, and the Richlite board is amazing. In my opinion it's better than rosewood and every bit as good as ebony.

IMG_5673.jpg
IMG_5671.jpg

SDMFVan

It certainly looks pretty. How much do these usually run?

Towards the end of the run these were being blown out by retailers for around $1k, which was a steal considering the original retail price of $2k. Looking at Reverb and eBay now though it seems very few are available and the price has gone up to around $1500. I'm guessing that people that got them realized what they had and are holding onto them.

El Marin

I have a P90 one

Absolutely love it. It become my main gigging guitar this two years...

VDjFwzc.jpg

akfqtQD.jpg