• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD: LPR9 60th Annie Factory 'Burst

somebodyelseuk

Had a moment of madness, yesterday... and this arrived about three hours ago. Late 2019 60th Anniversary R9 in Factory 'Burst.
Sorry, I'm in shock at the moment. I'll be more chatty later.

Midnight Blues

Lovely! Congrats, HNGD
jam.gif
and play her in good health!

somebodyelseuk

Thanks chaps.
I'm not a millionaire or on a massive pension or a professional musician. Spending £5200/$6500 on a guitar is a huge deal to me. Took sacrifice and lots of saving to afford it.
I've been a forum member about a week and I've spoken about my Tokai... I guess now, I'm qualified to properly judge the Tokai?
Gibson seems to get a lot of criticism around the net for its QC. I cannot fault mine. It plays and feels exactly like I expected. Neck is maybe thinner than I expected, though not skinny by any means.
The weight... When it arrived,, I was surprised at how heavy the package was. I was relieved when I pulled the guitar from the case. Don't know what it weighs, but it's not heavy.
Believe it or not, I haven't put it through an amp yet. Acoustically, loud, bright, lively, sustains for fun. It's not going to sound crap plugged in, is it. If it does, it'll be down to me not the guitar.
Feeling slightly inadequate, but very happy.

Froggie

Congrats and enjoy. That’s some top!

It's great to see people so happy and appreciative of their purchases.

I am still delighted with my 2016 R9 that I purchased 3 years ago.

I’m a very average guitar player and feel so lucky to be able to own such a wonderful guitar.

somebodyelseuk

Congrats and enjoy. That’s some top!

It's great to see people so happy and appreciative of their purchases.

I am still delighted with my 2016 R9 that I purchased 3 years ago.

I’m a very average guitar player and feel so lucky to be able to own such a wonderful guitar.
I put another photo of it with the Tokai in the Flameburst Friday thread. It's funny how the photos come out. I used a proper camera, digital, but not a phone. In the room, the Tokai stripes are obvious and blatant, whereas the Gibson's flame is the typical subtle holograph effect.

brandtkronholm

Had a moment of madness, yesterday... and this arrived about three hours ago. Late 2019 60th Anniversary R9 in Factory 'Burst.
Sorry, I'm in shock at the moment. I'll be more chatty later.

I believe you had a moment of great clarity. The shock you are experiencing is overwhelming joy. May it never pass.

Nice guitar! Wow!

Gold Tone

Beautiful! Congrats!

Nice flame. The factory burst is the only finish using enhancer (ala PRS), so the flame can’t hide

somebodyelseuk

Beautiful! Congrats!

Nice flame. The factory burst is the only finish using enhancer (ala PRS), so the flame can’t hide
Yeah, I read that somewhere. The photos exaggerate it massively. In the room, it's very subtle and holographic. I posted a photo of my Tokai and this side by side in the Flametop Friday thread. In the room, the Tokai is blatant, the Gibson subtle, but the photos show the opposite, probably because of the flash.
I read that the holograph effect is due to Gibson not staining the tops. I believe they aways seal the top with clear lacquer and then use colour over the top, whereas most copyists yellow stain the top, which brings out the flame but kills the holograph effect.
I think when they talk about enhancer, it's about enhancing the yellow colour, not exaggerating the flame, but what do I know?