• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

R4 Goldtop

rockabilly69

Does yours have the tall narrow frets? I had a 2019 R7 with the tall narrow frets. Not my favorite frets in the world and the main reason I sold it. Otherwise, the guitar was fantastic.
Yes it does, but I've grown to like them.

hfs3

My 2019 R4 is bone stock and killer. I bought it second hand, and for the life of me, can't figure out why the guy sold it.

RvUstUQ.jpg

Not completely stock, as my eye spies a MojoAxe bridge on that beauty!

gmann

Sorry about that, I forgot about the MojoAxe, I bought it used, and forgot that the previous buyer installed the MojoAxe (and locking studs)! It's my R7 that's completely stock...

KwgZNql.jpg

All 3 of my R4's have the MojoAxe tailpiece as well as almost every Jr. and Special I've owned,

rockabilly69

All 3 of my R4's have the MojoAxe tailpiece as well as almost every Jr. and Special I've owned,
Well this R4 intonates pretty damn good for a wraptail so MojoAxe must be doing something right :)

Texas Blues

Cz0fBdg.jpg
[/IMG]. It's a real hog leg !!

Negative.

A '54 Les Paul.

Or an R4.

Are not hogs.

They are Raquel Welch.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nd-kdrF6rxk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

au_rick

Sorry about that, I forgot about the MojoAxe, I bought it used, and forgot that the previous buyer installed the MojoAxe (and locking studs)! It's my R7 that's completely stock...

Is there any notable difference in resonance and sustain between the stoptail and the tuneomatic bridge ?

rockabilly69

Is there any notable difference in resonance and sustain between the stoptail and the tuneomatic bridge ?

The R4 feels different, as besides the wraptail, which has a certain attack and sound, it has the skinnier higher frets. But the sustain is about the same, and they are both very resonant. With the R7 having humbuckers though, it's totally different sonic beast.

Edit, I record ALOT, and lately I've been playing the R4 more, and I find it fits in more mixes the the R7. It has better clarity in on the lower strings which helps it blend with my acoustics better (most of my songs are acoustic based).

Last edited:

renderit

What Sir Rockabilly said is what I find.

On all of mine I would say slightly better sustain on the wraptails over the tune-o-matic

I have some great R6's.

I prefer the feel of the R4's.

Primal.

When you grab one and start getting crazy they really go there with you better than the fancy stuff.

rockabilly69

What Sir Rockabilly said is what I find.

.....Primal! When you grab one and start getting crazy they really go there with you better than the fancy stuff.
I agree, what led me to my R4 was the primal feel of my Historic SG Special, the wraptail and the P90s, oh yeah!