• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Where can I find Gibson stainless steel strap buttons??

mrallibone

Can someone please post a link as to where I can find stainless steel strap buttons for my Gibson Les Paul? Thank you!

My 2017 LP Tribute has always been leaving a dark metallic looking residue on my strap and it’s been getting on my fingers whenever I put the strap on or take it off by the neck.

See photos please. I always use Levy’s straps and this doesn’t happen on any of my other guitars or straps. Im assuming I have to replace the buttons and not the strap. But I couldn’t find any Gibson strap buttons that are stainless steel.

B364C1B3-0130-4713-B192-BAEE3458C47E.jpg2225D1A1-A5A0-4D7E-8C2D-C047C57D335A.jpg21111BCF-A14B-4BE5-AC54-734D32211BA8.jpg60CA9193-F02E-4455-9B3F-5C50FE13D7D9.jpg480DC5B3-B059-4331-8C10-318AD47BA310.jpg

mrallibone

As far as I know most Les Paul's use strap buttons that are either nickel plated or chrome plated but according to the specs here http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2017/USA/Les-Paul-Tribute.aspx it appears that your guitar has un-plated aluminium buttons so perhaps that is the cause of the problem. Maybe replacing them with regular chrome or nickel plated ones would solve the problem?

Hey thanks for the help man. Unfortunately as far genuine Gibson parts go on eBay I’m only seeing aluminum and brass buttons for Les Paul. Any ideas where I can find the chrome or nickel ones?

PaulD

Hmm that's strange I always thought the Gibson ones were plated but you are right, they all seem to be aluminium. Try a search for "Klusson Gibson strap buttons", they seem to do some replacements that are exactly the same style as the Gibson ones but nickel plated.

mrallibone

Hmm that's strange I always thought the Gibson ones were plated but you are right, they all seem to be aluminium. Try a search for "Klusson Gibson strap buttons", they seem to do some replacements that are exactly the same style as the Gibson ones but nickel plated.

Thanks a lot PaulD!! Appreciate it!