• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Bone nut on my 2015 Traditional.

shines2225

I blame it on the lockdown. First I replaced the Kluson style tuners with Milk Bottle Grovers. That was a win. Much more stable and precise feeling. Still bored I wanted to see if the many posts I'd read over the years about the nut being the main culprit for tuning issues on Les Pauls. I'm very lucky in that the world famous Righteous Guitars is just a couple of miles from my house. I made an appointment as they were still in a modified lockdown and met with Ben. He looked over my guitar and could not really find that it needed anything but commented that Gibson's nuts were usually a bit high. Better too high than too low was Gibson's take. Ben could tell I was curious and suggested I could replace it with a bone nut. A few days later I picked it up. First the work was outstanding. I could not find any visual evidence the old nut had been cut out and a new one installed. No paint chip no glue bubble, perfect. Does it stay in tune better? Yes it does! Like my Tele Reissue? Not quite. My son, the real guitar player in the family was very impressed with the work and the setup. There is not much in Righteous Guitars I can afford besides strings but the price for this work was very reasonable considering the results. I would highly recommend them for setups, Plek mods and a huge selection of Gibson Historics and PRS Reserve.