• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

what finish would this be called in a modern Historic ?

Dr. Green

what kind of finish would you call this ?

8.-jimmy-page-1977.jpg

Musicman

If you're talking 2020 '59 reissues I'd say one of the tea bursts. Maybe Sunrise Teaburst.:hmm

Thunder Dump

The lighting on that photo is blowing out the colors incorrectly (magenta saturation) and is seriously messing with the color of that top.

Dr. Green

as a side note .... just found out that I saw the 5 to last show Led Zep ever did.

lucky that I did because Plants son died and the rest of the tour was called off ...... they disbanded after that

this photo is from that year I believe

Bruce R

To me that photo of Page's Les Paul is not of the quality I would base any opinion of the guitar's finish. However, if you are just using that particular reddish-tinted image as an example I'd say a custom Red Neon Burst.

If it is Page's actual guitar you are interested in there are thousands of images (No 1 or No. 2, I'm not sure) online, so do your research.

Big Al

It's a friggin photo. I'll bet ya it ain't like the real life color of any guitar. The yellow scale is off and look at the mahogany!!

That's not Page. Is it a painting? Nothing loks real. Cutaway, knobs a bunch of stuff, looks odd.

sws1

This is sunrise teaburst. But, that color is being driven alot by stage lights in the original photo. In normal lighting, that guitar looks different.

egVmqvU.jpg

C-4

No matter what color that guitar is, it should be called a Page Burst, imho.

Dr. Green

It's a friggin photo. I'll bet ya it ain't like the real life color of any guitar. The yellow scale is off and look at the mahogany!!

That's not Page. Is it a painting? Nothing loks real. Cutaway, knobs a bunch of stuff, looks odd.

are you saying that's an imposter ?