• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Saddles...

TwoInch

Via USPS Priority....and I had to sign for it....

n34CYpq.jpg

Im honestly surprised they sent one and not just send another correct pack.

As long a they made it right.. All is well

El Gringo

This is a very interesting subject . As the owner of 8 Les Paul's ( with more on the way ) I know I have at least one of them that does the Sitar thing and I notice it if I am playing soft and quiet passages , which is probably why I have never bothered with as I usually am crunching away on the Lead Channels of my Marshall 2555X's . Loud overdriven Marshall's can and do cover up a lot of stuff including my mistakes in between the frets . Question if the action was raised on the treble side would this alleviate this issue ?

Minibucker

This is a very interesting subject . As the owner of 8 Les Paul's ( with more on the way ) I know I have at least one of them that does the Sitar thing and I notice it if I am playing soft and quiet passages , which is probably why I have never bothered with as I usually am crunching away on the Lead Channels of my Marshall 2555X's . Loud overdriven Marshall's can and do cover up a lot of stuff including my mistakes in between the frets . Question if the action was raised on the treble side would this alleviate this issue ?
Have you checked the nut? Oftentimes its the string touching the rear of the nut as it leaves the slot heading back towards the tuning posts, when it really should just contact the front 'edge'. Exacerbated by the headstock angle and strings winding down on short Kluson posts.

El Gringo

Have you checked the nut? Oftentimes its the string touching the rear of the nut as it leaves the slot heading back towards the tuning posts, when it really should just contact the front 'edge'. Exacerbated by the headstock angle and strings winding down on short Kluson posts.

I will take a closer look at that .

I couldn't agree more with the original posting. I started a thread a couple months ago regarding an awful rattling coming from the ABR-1 on my Les Paul. Turned out it was actually the screws that the saddles ride on. I think from now on I will immediately replace the screws and saddles if I noticed an issue. It almost always fixes the issue.