• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Banker's Bitch...

corpse

... is a bit rough. I just happen to live close by and we hang and he lightens my dull suburban life with his rockstar stories, and I give him my opinion on what his new shit does for me- which lately has been consistently jaw-dropping. I am going to stop with the superlatives and move on to well- more superlatives.
Banker has come out with a new set of PUP's in HB and a TV Jones gold foil sort of animal- the HB is SD meets PAF- the Banker V I played (which just came off a set with Markus King in Nashville- watch for the stream and DVD set) had the HB- 12K in the bridge and 7.8K in the neck- unbelievable clarity (played clean and thru a Klon into a Vibrolux Reissue- in Matt's sick studio which is unfair to test drive anything in). I am a big fan of pick ups that are percussive- listen to Randall playing Smokstack Lightening in the Amp section- that's what we got here just bigger.
The TV Jones thing was Rickenbacker on steroids- that is installed in one of Matt's Redtails for a famous guitar player- I can't spill the beans. Not a household name but the band is- and the guitarist doesn't care that he isn't household name. Anyway- clear and cutting without being ice-picky.
These tip their hart to history- but do their own thing- and a very authoritative way. I know I get very wrapped up "looking back" when there are many great things happening right now.

Mastadon, Markus King, Tyler Bryant (featuring Graham Whitford- both guitarists), Clutch and Rival Son's all have recorded Banker guitars on their last albums. Matt is doing it right.
hSrjrRW.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

corpse

Cugr6O6.jpg
[/IMG]
Loaded in this- what a Gibson LP Custom would look like as a V. Markus King tore it up with this thing in Nashville last week.