• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

this '71 Standard went on a diet

El Gringo

I just seen that recently and I cant help but think what a travesty to hack up a perfectly working Les Paul like that . This brings to mind Former First Lady Nancy Reagan who said "Just say No " to drugs of course . Somebody must have been baked or fried or something to come up with an idea like that .

talonmm

How sad...

Looks like it was a very nice looking guitar before it's awful mod....

garywright

“ This listing is for a really fun guitar I found a while ago” ..what else are you gonna say when trying to unload it. :dang

brandtkronholm

Big Al

What a cool guitar. I would play the snot out of it!!! It is not a travesty, and very well done but I wish it had its original minihums, as that is a routed Deluxe and not a factory Standard. I really like it but needs a Dimarzio Dual Sound bridge pickup with series/parallel and phase mini toggle switches and a scalloped brass nut.

brandtkronholm

What a cool guitar. I would play the snot out of it!!! It is not a travesty, and very well done but I wish it had its original minihums, as that is a routed Deluxe and not a factory Standard. I really like it but needs a Dimarzio Dual Sound bridge pickup with series/parallel and phase mini toggle switches and a scalloped brass nut.

Oh man, you're readin' my mind! :salude

El Gringo

This reminds me when we were kids back in the 70's and there was a big party and some of the older kids got a jam going and the one guy that played a Hagstrom was tripping and after playing some Hendrix tunes he takes and smashes his Hagstrom and throws it into the bonfire . Which we thought was cool as sh#$ , at the same time we were like were not doing that . My friend had a mid 70's mocha color maple neck Stratocaster and I had my Les Paul Custom ,which my friends parents paid for the Stratocaster and I saved up for mine from working part time at my local supermarket . We were not trashing our instruments.

Lorris007

I just seen that recently and I cant help but think what a travesty to hack up a perfectly working Les Paul like that . This brings to mind Former First Lady Nancy Reagan who said "Just say No " to drugs of course . Somebody must have been baked or fried or something to come up with an idea like that .

[FONT=&quot]Very strange thoughts come to your mind. When it happened to me not long ago, I have just decided to go for something else. To refocus. It was obvious for me that if I have always done something calm and static, like plying the guitar, now I wanted to go to the gym and work out wifely. I found a program for myself on modernfit.com and have decided to join their fit community. It feels good now to have nutrition and training is well structured. You know, like having new chords for a new good song each day.[/FONT]

Last edited:

El Gringo

very strange thoughts come to your mind

To me it is a travesty , and not to mention flushing $ down the toilet . That is where my mindset was on this matter , purely financial $ . In addition to a Les Paul lover as I am it is an abomination ! If you don't like the guitar - sell it , or donate it to a school that has a music program for kids to learn how to play . It's pretty simple .