• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

3 pole 4 position rotary switch on a epiphone les paul

daveyspider

hi every one i was told you can fit a 4 way rotary switch to a les paul i have a drawing of how to do it but try as i might i just cant get it to work can some one tell me what i am doing wrong please as its driving me nuts

PaulD

A bit more info would be needed to answer that, what pickup combinations do you want each switch position to select?. Can you post the diagram you are using and ideally a picture / diagram of how you currently have it wired.

daveyspider

hi paul, for some reason it wont let me upload a pic of the wiring i got it of google basically it gives you 1 neck, 2 neck and brige parallel in phase 3 neck and brige out of phase 4 neck if that helps thanks.
davey.

PaulD

I'd really need to be able to see the wiring diagram and a picture / diagram of your switch and how you currently have it wired to be able to offer any useful advice, without these it's impossible to say what the problem might be.

There is some info on how to post pictures on the forum here https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?194336-HOW-TO-POST-PHOTOS-ON-THE-LES-PAUL-FORUM . Basically you have to upload the pictures to a web based photo hosting site and link to them from there. If you don't already have a hosting site that you can use then https://postimages.org/ works well, it is free and doesn't need any sort of sign-up or account.

au_rick

If you have not already stripped out the harness and connectors that Epiphone uses, I'd start with that so that you are just dealing with the pickup wires directly.
As posted above a diagram and some photos would help.

That said, simple micro switches or push / pull pots might be simpler too (ir's a good idea to have a series parallel switch to boost the out of phase sound) ?