• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NVGD. 1962 Les Paul SG standard

JPP-1

Just picked up this beautiful all original including the frets 1962 Les Paul a few days ago. It’s is such good condition that I almost feel bad playing it. Oddly enough, I don’t think I ever owned an SG

I initially was looking for a 52 or 53 Goldtop. Glad I broadened my search a bit. Beautiful clean tones from this SG especially in the neck position. The tone actually feels somewhere between a P90 equipped Les Paul and a PAF equipped Les Paul. I actually like the sideways vibrola and think it makes the guitar look much more aesthetically pleasing. While the SG will never be as heralded as its earlier Les Paul brethren, it’s a guitar that definitely has its own charms.

28xoOx.jpg

wThX96.jpg

Yih2Hq.jpg

3iW95T.jpg

t9lXtF.jpg

YxJmWC.jpg

tSWmBj.jpg

ZZ Not

Wow, just wow. A simply gorgeous instrument. Congratulations.

zhivago

Awesome looking SG/LP!

I have a Custom from '63 and it just kills! :salude

65Firebird

Congratulations on such a sweet looking SG/LP.

Last edited:

blueline

lovely colour, PAFS and sideways vibrato. Whats not to like on this beauty? Well done on a fine example of a 1962 sculptured Les Paul Standard.

K_L

Beautiful SG! That`s about as good as it would ever get for me--enjoy it in good health, while playing great music with that beautiful guitar!!

JPP-1

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I hope you are all doing well.

Tarcisioo

Awesome choice! Although Les Pauls are my main axes and I love goldtops, there are better made ready-to-go guitars than trapeze LPs, they were still learning some stuff.

I bet she plays nice, but she sure do the "looking good" thing very fine :salude

crashbelt

Beautiful guitar. Change the sideways mechanism for a Mojoaxe Vibrostop and it will stay in tune as well!

Guitar Whiskey

Super nice guitar. One of my favorite model SG's. Don't change a thing on that baby.