• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson GA-19 RVT Falcon demo

dlmorley

I just made a video of my GA-19 RVT. I'm no Pete Thorn, but I thought people might like to hear the amp. I love it for the reverb and clean sounds mainly. I'll do a dirty LP video later :)
I got it from the son of the original owner. All stock with what seems to be original RCA tubes.
I stop talking around 2 mins FYI :hee

Last edited:

LeonC

Nice job. I had one of those amps for a few years. That has to have some of the best reverb and tremolo I've ever heard. The overall sound was just too bright for me though and I eventually sold it. But man, just fabulous reverb and trem. User "Erksin" on the gear page has a couple of these that sound fantastic!

Enjoy.

dlmorley

Nice job. I had one of those amps for a few years. That has to have some of the best reverb and tremolo I've ever heard. The overall sound was just too bright for me though and I eventually sold it. But man, just fabulous reverb and trem. User "Erksin" on the gear page has a couple of these that sound fantastic!

Enjoy.
Thanks!
It is bright indeed! But somehow not ice picky like some have said. Perhaps the valves in it help. I have read it can be tamed somewhat, but I'll keep it as is. With humbuckers I think it's fine. I adore the reverb and tremolo. IMHO better than equivalent Fenders, but that's personal taste too I'll try and do a demo with my LP.

Big Al

I've been a big fan of these Crestline Gibsons for decades. The Facon being a favourite and mine has been a mainstay for over 30 years. " Overly bright" is certainly not applicable to this amp and is hard to make a well maintained Falcon shrill or harsh. The Tone control works well in this circuit and when used is easy to dial up a great tone. Jr's and p90 guitars love this amp. If anything, they are full and rather warm and much like a tweed Deluxe.

The Discoverer T I have is my go to for bright, chimey British tone, (EL84's & 12AX7's) and of all my Crestlines is the only one I'd characterise as bright.

The Falcon is a great amp with a rich full tone that goes into a growly, crunchy overdrive and dimed, into a fat, greasy compression for huge singing distortion. Very touch sensitive and dynamic. Speaker upgrades really compliment this amp as the stock Jensen is nice but farts out and risks blowing the cone.

Very nice demo of a very under the radar gem.