• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Indentifying Gibson LP please

Joosten

Hello,

I want to buy this les paul, but the current owner is only able to tell me its made in 2007
What I would like to know next to that is:
- What serie les paul is it?
- What is the full name of the guitar?
- What is the name of the color?
- Is there anymore information about these guitar?
IMG_4694.jpgIMG_4689.jpgIMG_4692.jpgIMG_4693.jpgIMG_4691.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Greets,

Thunder Dump

Hello,

I want to buy this les paul, but the current owner is only able to tell me its made in 2007
What I would like to know next to that is:
- What serie les paul is it?
- What is the full name of the guitar?
- What is the name of the color?
- Is there anymore information about these guitar?
View attachment 11637View attachment 11638View attachment 11639View attachment 11640View attachment 11641

Thanks in advance!
Greets,

That's a 2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded in Honey Burst. These guitars have bigger 50s style necks, and the most obvious difference from a regular Les Paul is the finish is satin (and not polished gloss). They have a more "worn in" look and the finish scratches more easily. These are nice guitars though.

metropolis

These guitars have bigger 50s style necks

60s neck was also an option - a friend of mine has one from 2005 and it's also indicated on the switch cover.

These are incredible guitars - they were originally cheaper than standard models and I think sound as good (if not better) and age really well.

There was a strange limited run of '58 style ones in 2016, potentially for just one store, that I picked up for my father. Same finish, similar specs (50 neck seemed standard) and uncovered zebra '57 classic pickups.

Joosten

Guys, Thanks very much for helping me!

Also thanks for sending link to the brochure!
It helped alot.

Greetings:dude:

Scott L

A 2007 will have a chambered body. These were not painted, but hand stained.