• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Song: Love Can Turn the Page

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
This was a tune I wrote and recorded in late November and early December, and mixed down last weekend, built around a bunch of guitars:

https://soundcloud.com/eddriscollcom/love-can-turn

Electric on left channel is a 1983 Fender ’57 Strat reissue.
Electric on right channel is the 2000 Les Paul R9 in my avatar.
Acoustic on left channel is a 2006 Gibson Everly Brothers.
Acoustic on right channel is a 2019 Taylor GS Mini in high-strung Nashville tuning.
Bass is a 1983 Fender P-Bass.
Lead Guitar is a 1983 Gibson Les Paul Custom.
Way in the background is a synth pad played on a Roland-Ready Strat into the Roland VG-88 guitar modeling rig.

All of electrics were run through the Eventide H9000 Crush Station fuzz effect into the Strymon Iridium amp and cab modeling pedal.
Vocals were recorded through a Neumann U67 reissue mic, into a Chandler Ltd. Redd.47 preamp, into an Universal 1176 reissue FET compressor into a Warm Audio WA-2A tube compressor.
Drums are Superior Drummer 3; and I overdubbed an assortment of hand percussion (cowbell, tambourine, and triangle) into a Shure KSM-313 ribbon mic into a Cloudlifter pre-amp.

Cliff Gress

Really nice work and sentiment. Reminded me of 1967 right before bands turned heavier.