• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Best looking 335

goldtop0

Carrying on from my recent acquisition of a very good 335 ri here is a pic of what I consider the best of the sunburst finish..........love that warm reddish burgundy surround and the tobacco brown up top. This ones a vintage '60, and is one of EC's guitars.

https://i.imgur.com/wlZxRCy.jpg

While hunting over the last 6 weeks I came across a lot of tobacco brown finishes(like mine ex Nashville, and Memphis) minus the burgundy, and have only recently seen one or two Kalamazoos with this total package(in Japan).
Mostly, as with mine, a little bit of the red burgundy does show up in a flash pic or in the bright sunlight, but is nowhere near as prominent as with this '60.
Do any of you have a CS 335 that resembles this one in looks.

Midnight Blues

I don't, but I wish I did.

I always loved Alex Lifeson's 335. Of course, I'm a "Block Inlay" kind of guy anyway.

garywright

Carrying on from my recent acquisition of a very good 335 ri here is a pic of what I consider the best of the sunburst finish..........love that warm reddish burgundy surround and the tobacco brown up top. This ones a vintage '60, and is one of EC's guitars.

wlZxRCy.jpg

I agree, that is a beautiful sunburst.