• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Clapton Stuff

TM1

I'm guessing this is probably not the right place, but I don't know where that would be. But... a new book on his gear is coming: https://www.claptonlivehistory.com/
It has 275 photos and 85% of them have never been seen before. Let's hope there's some new ones for his Beano Guitar.
So TW if this is the wrong place, please let me know..
Regards; Don Butler

goldtop0

Thanks Don for the heads up, a good bit of collectible memorabilia with these editions:2cool

Midnight Blues

Should be a great read!

Thanks Don and
cheers.gif

deytookerjaabs

Damn, that looks cool. I was pretty sure The Blackguard Book was going to be my biggest splurge, however I did spend more on 1 or 2 college textbooks.

Thinking...

I'd be a little miffed if there's only a few "new" 60's to early 70's photos with the rest being close-ups of lace sensors. :spabout

El Gringo

Damn, that looks cool. I was pretty sure The Blackguard Book was going to be my biggest splurge, however I did spend more on 1 or 2 college textbooks.

Thinking...

I'd be a little miffed if there's only a few "new" 60's to early 70's photos with the rest being close-ups of lace sensors. :spabout

It's funny you mention Lace Sensors . From 1993 - 1996 I had them loaded in a Strat of mine ( 2 gold and 1 red in the bridge ) and they worked well except for the complaints from the knuckleheads who I used to play with who said they didn't sound vintage . I just recently got a new set of Blue in the neck for a vintage PAF sound , a silver for the middle which is a 70's single coil Fender sound , and my favorite the red for the bridge which is billed as a super hot humbucker . As soon as I can send the Custom Shop white blonde maple neck strat to my tech I will have the pickups replaced and I know it will work thru my high gain Marshall 2555X's .

au_rick

90 Euro's for shipping ?? is Eric hand delivering them ?? :hmm

goldtop0

I haven't noticed increased shipping on anything myself and I've made quite a few online purchases lately :salude

I'm talking Fedex, DHL etc.
Got a 335 in from Japan a few weeks ago, they're shipping Priority rate only at this time with no Economy option available, trebles the cost ex Japan and pretty much double that of the US, but are delivered as per normal.
What about the 90 euro for these books as you've written.
Have your online purchases been delivered as yet?
Shipping delays are to be expected, my buddy is waiting on USPS packages that are at O'Hare Chicago(been there since late March) and I've got a small package of top hat knobs at ISC New York(for 3 weeks so far)..........gotta be patient in these difficult times so we've found.

Last edited:

au_rick

Got a 335 in from Japan a few weeks ago, they're shipping Priority rate only at this time with no Economy option available, trebles the cost ex Japan and pretty much double that of the US, but are delivered as per normal.
Shipping delays are to be expected, my buddy is waiting on USPS packages that are at O'Hare Chicago(been there since late March) and I've got a small package of top hat knobs at ISC New York(for 3 weeks so far)..........gotta be patient in these difficult times so we've found.

Hi mate,
yes, I'v seen no delays or increased shipping costs since covid hit, although I haven't bought any bulky items such as a guitar or anything from the USA, but everything seems to be working normally from my end (everything has arrived in expected timeframes). I can understand some delays or cost increases due to reduced flights for air freight but most books I buy from the UK ship either free of for a couple of pounds (and I buy books from UK sellers semi-regularly), so I just find it odd that a book could cost 90 Euro's (80 quid) to ship ??

goldtop0

Hi mate,
yes, I'v seen no delays or increased shipping costs since covid hit, although I haven't bought any bulky items such as a guitar or anything from the USA, but everything seems to be working normally from my end (everything has arrived in expected timeframes). I can understand some delays or cost increases due to reduced flights for air freight but most books I buy from the UK ship either free of for a couple of pounds (and I buy books from UK sellers semi-regularly), so I just find it odd that a book could cost 90 Euro's (80 quid) to ship ??

Good that your purchases have arrived on time:salude

goldtop0

90 Euro's for shipping ?? is Eric hand delivering them ?? :hmm

Being sent per DHL.........quick and costly at this time.
My one was 45 Euro so depends on how far away you are from Denmark where it's shipped from..........or maybe not??

Last edited:

Minibucker

Ha! I was asking a shop in Japan about shipping for a 335 as well! What I got was between $310-350-ish.

goldtop0

Ha! I was asking a shop in Japan about shipping for a 335 as well! What I got was between $310-350-ish.

My store has their normal economy shipping rate per Fedex to NZ at about US$150 which is very reasonable................but $400 at this time.

goldtop0

Shipping EMS through Japan Post right now is about $100... :salude

First time I've heard of EMS and just got a quote to send a cartoned guitar to Florida...........NZ$300 which is just so economical.
Thanks a million duane:salude

CatManDoo88

I'm guessing this is probably not the right place, but I don't know where that would be. But... a new book on his gear is coming: https://www.claptonlivehistory.com/
It has 275 photos and 85% of them have never been seen before. Let's hope there's some new ones for his Beano Guitar.
So TW if this is the wrong place, please let me know..
Regards; Don Butler

Great Book, my wife got it for me for Christmas. However, there is unfortunately not even a single photo of Beano in it, not even the previously known ones. Oddly, the one photo of Clapton's replacement '60 Burst in the book is misidentified as a later Les Paul Standard (1970s or 1980s if I recall correctly). There are some good shots of the Cream Farewell Tour Darkburst in the book though.