NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Thread: Clapton Stuff

on the middle & bridge pickup of my L.P. Custom

Clapton Stuff

I'm guessing this is probably not the right place, but I don't know where that would be. But... a new book on his gear is coming: https://www.claptonlivehistory.com/
    It has 275 photos and 85% of them have never been seen before. Let's hope there's some new ones for his Beano Guitar.
    So TW if this is the wrong place, please let me know..
    Regards; Don Butler

Re: Clapton Stuff

Thanks Don for the heads up, a good bit of collectible memorabilia with these editions

Should be a great read!

Thanks Don and
    Midnight Blues

Les Paul Forum Member deytookerjaabs's Avatar

Damn, that looks cool. I was pretty sure The Blackguard Book was going to be my biggest splurge, however I did spend more on 1 or 2 college textbooks.

Thinking...

I'd be a little miffed if there's only a few "new" 60's to early 70's photos with the rest being close-ups of lace sensors.

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
    Damn, that looks cool. I was pretty sure The Blackguard Book was going to be my biggest splurge, however I did spend more on 1 or 2 college textbooks.

Thinking...

I'd be a little miffed if there's only a few "new" 60's to early 70's photos with the rest being close-ups of lace sensors.
    It's funny you mention Lace Sensors . From 1993 - 1996 I had them loaded in a Strat of mine ( 2 gold and 1 red in the bridge ) and they worked well except for the complaints from the knuckleheads who I used to play with who said they didn't sound vintage . I just recently got a new set of Blue in the neck for a vintage PAF sound , a silver for the middle which is a 70's single coil Fender sound , and my favorite the red for the bridge which is billed as a super hot humbucker . As soon as I can send the Custom Shop white blonde maple neck strat to my tech I will have the pickups replaced and I know it will work thru my high gain Marshall 2555X's .

90 Euro's for shipping ?? is Eric hand delivering them ??
    Any facts stated above questionable, and opinions are not necessarily to be taken seriously

Quote Originally Posted by au_rick View Post

During these covid times shipping is at horrendous cost.

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop0 View Post
    During these covid times shipping is at horrendous cost.

I haven't noticed increased shipping on anything myself and I've made quite a few online purchases lately
    Any facts stated above questionable, and opinions are not necessarily to be taken seriously

I haven't noticed increased shipping on anything myself and I've made quite a few online purchases lately

I'm talking Fedex, DHL etc.
    Got a 335 in from Japan a few weeks ago, they're shipping Priority rate only at this time with no Economy option available, trebles the cost ex Japan and pretty much double that of the US, but are delivered as per normal.
    What about the 90 euro for these books as you've written.
    Have your online purchases been delivered as yet?
    Shipping delays are to be expected, my buddy is waiting on USPS packages that are at O'Hare Chicago(been there since late March) and I've got a small package of top hat knobs at ISC New York(for 3 weeks so far)..........gotta be patient in these difficult times so we've found.
    Last edited by goldtop0; 06-03-20 at 04:13 PM.

Got a 335 in from Japan a few weeks ago, they're shipping Priority rate only at this time with no Economy option available, trebles the cost ex Japan and pretty much double that of the US, but are delivered as per normal.
    Shipping delays are to be expected, my buddy is waiting on USPS packages that are at O'Hare Chicago(been there since late March) and I've got a small package of top hat knobs at ISC New York(for 3 weeks so far)..........gotta be patient in these difficult times so we've found.

Hi mate,
    yes, I'v seen no delays or increased shipping costs since covid hit, although I haven't bought any bulky items such as a guitar or anything from the USA, but everything seems to be working normally from my end (everything has arrived in expected timeframes). I can understand some delays or cost increases due to reduced flights for air freight but most books I buy from the UK ship either free of for a couple of pounds (and I buy books from UK sellers semi-regularly), so I just find it odd that a book could cost 90 Euro's (80 quid) to ship ??

Hi mate,
    yes, I'v seen no delays or increased shipping costs since covid hit, although I haven't bought any bulky items such as a guitar or anything from the USA, but everything seems to be working normally from my end (everything has arrived in expected timeframes). I can understand some delays or cost increases due to reduced flights for air freight but most books I buy from the UK ship either free of for a couple of pounds (and I buy books from UK sellers semi-regularly), so I just find it odd that a book could cost 90 Euro's (80 quid) to ship ??
    Good that your purchases have arrived on time

Being sent per DHL.........quick and costly at this time.
    My one was 45 Euro so depends on how far away you are from Denmark where it's shipped from..........or maybe not??
    Last edited by goldtop0; 06-15-20 at 08:09 PM.

Ha! I was asking a shop in Japan about shipping for a 335 as well! What I got was between $310-350-ish.
    "There's only two things wrong with you, and that's your face." - Greg Koch

Quote Originally Posted by Minibucker View Post
    Ha! I was asking a shop in Japan about shipping for a 335 as well! What I got was between $310-350-ish.

My store has their normal economy shipping rate per Fedex to NZ at about US$150 which is very reasonable................but $400 at this time.

Les Paul Forum Member duaneflowers's Avatar
    Behind a badass Lester somewhere in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Minibucker View Post
    Shipping EMS through Japan Post right now is about $100...
    Tone To The Bone!
    LP=[(CC*8)+(Sig*5)+(R9*2)+R8+R7+R6+(R4*2)+(50sT*2)+Stu D+LPX]+[(EpI*19)+(EsP/Ed*6)+(ToKi*3)+(Ba*3)+(Fe/Bu*2)+(ObG)+(CMS)]

Quote Originally Posted by duaneflowers View Post

First time I've heard of EMS and just got a quote to send a cartoned guitar to Florida...........NZ$300 which is just so economical.
    Thanks a million duane

Les Paul Forum Member CatManDoo88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TM1 View Post
    I'm guessing this is probably not the right place, but I don't know where that would be. But... a new book on his gear is coming: https://www.claptonlivehistory.com/
    It has 275 photos and 85% of them have never been seen before. Let's hope there's some new ones for his Beano Guitar.
    So TW if this is the wrong place, please let me know..
    Regards; Don Butler

Great Book, my wife got it for me for Christmas. However, there is unfortunately not even a single photo of Beano in it, not even the previously known ones. Oddly, the one photo of Clapton's replacement '60 Burst in the book is misidentified as a later Les Paul Standard (1970s or 1980s if I recall correctly). There are some good shots of the Cream Farewell Tour Darkburst in the book though.

Quote Originally Posted by duaneflowers View Post
    Wow, much better. I'm not buying from them, but if I was I'd definitely look into that. They might not have offered it as a carrier, though.
    "There's only two things wrong with you, and that's your face." - Greg Koch