• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pickups for my Les Paul Traditional

Rsfanforever

Choosing pickups for my Traditional. I have some Throbak SLE 101 MXV or Wolfetone Dr Vintage pickups to choose from. I play mostly rocknroll Southern rock; Stones, Skynyrd. Just contemplating which to try. Thanks for any help you can give me.

jrgtr42

Choosing pickups for my Traditional. I have some Throbak SLE 101 MXV or Wolfetone Dr Vintage pickups to choose from. I play mostly rocknroll Southern rock; Stones, Skynyrd. Just contemplating which to try. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Honestly either one is a good choice.
Without hearing them side by side, it's hard to say either is better than the other - and even if side by side.
I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Big Al

Why? You should have a sonic target you plan to achive. A clear reference and understanding of what the pickup should add and choose accordingly. What you will get is everyone chiming in on their choice, for their guitar for their needs. You will even get recommendations for those you didn't ask about.

Each manufacturer has detailed info about their product and comparing specs should allow you to choose between the two to pick the one that best suits your needs and get you where you want to be, performance wise. I assume you narrowed your choice to this pair by similar means.