• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Has anyone seen this variation of a Les Paul Artisan?

vluciani

I always knew mine was a bit more rare...a black Artisan 2 pickup model. I wanted to share that mine (a 1980 model) has 2 unique things that I have never seen on ANY Les Paul of any kind… Diamond-shaped strap connectors and a brass nut. Have you ever seen these?
Thanks

darkwave

I always knew mine was a bit more rare...a black Artisan 2 pickup model. I wanted to share that mine (a 1980 model) has 2 unique things that I have never seen on ANY Les Paul of any kind… Diamond-shaped strap connectors and a brass nut. Have you ever seen these?
Thanks

The diamond shaped strap buttons were common in the early 80's. I think the '83 catalog had them in most of the pictures. I don't know how common the brass nut was, but I believe the BB King "Lucille" at that time had one as well.

- Douglas C.

Danny W.

Thanks

Here's another brass nut:

xww1w9a.jpg

Danny W.

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Yeah, the brass nut was supposed to add to the "sustain". Also, the punters back then would invariably pronounce "Artisan" as "Artesian". Good times...:spabout