• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2010 Les Paul Limited Editon

tbirdgreg

Gibson LP Limited Edition.jpg
I spotted this guitar in the used section of my local Guitar Center. It is a 2010 Limited Editon. None of the salespeople knew much about it, but I liked the look and the sound, so it came home with me. Looking at the back of the headstock, I can see the outline of the Robotuner assembly. It has a P90 in the neck, a HB in the bridge postition. It also has a piezo pickup in the bridge itself. Hence the two outputs - Hi-z & Lo-z. Online, I got some info: it was produced with the robotuners and a special switch instead of the neck tone control which would allow blending of the magnetic and piezo pickups. The previous owner removed the robotuner unit and the special switch, replacing it with standard tone control. The piezo pickup still goes to it's dedicated output, but there is no way to blend them except to use two cables.

All in all, very happy with the guitar. It's a looker, plays well and sounds good too. Wish it still had the piezo/magnetic blending control, but such is life.

Midnight Blues

Nice! Congrats, HNGD
jam.gif
and play her in good health!

tbirdgreg

Say brother -

I believe Original specs can be found in the legacy section of the Gibson website.

http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/E.../Les-Paul-Standard-2010-Limited/Hardware.aspx

It is a beauty for sure. Congrats on your new queen.

Rock on brother!

Thaks for that link. Very interesting. As I said, my guitar has been modified by the removal of the robotuners and the multifunction switch. I also noted that the outputs on the factory model has dual outputs; a standard 1/4" and an XLR. Mine has two 1/4" outs, labeled High Z, Lo Z. One of them is stereo, so that with a stereo Y cable you could run into two different amps.

I wish it had been left in it's original form because I could see using the stereo cable idea. I have a Music Man JP6 that is set up like that and I've used it with very good results. My guess is that when they took out the robotuner the multi-switch didn't work as it should so they took that out too. If I use two cables I can still run both magnetic and piezo pickups though. Despite the amputations, it is still a very good guitar.