• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I've Got This On My Mind

OldStrummer

Hey folks, it's been a while since I dropped in, but I'm swinging back through my acoustic/jazz/blues phase, and have been loving playing my old, first electric guitar, my 1957 Gibson ES-225. But, because of this stupid Wu Flu, I've been spending a lot of time online, checking out cool stuff, and I came across this guitar that just reaches out to me and says, "Take me home!"

It's an Ibanez. Their solid body guitars have never done it for me, but the brand boasts some big name players: George Benson, Pat Metheny and John Scofield among them. Their web site shows a lot of different model numbers (why do guitar makers do this???) and I can't really tell the difference. But the one thing that really leaps out at me is the ebony fingerboard. My first new guitar (which I still own), a 1970 Framus 12-string acoustic, has an ebony fingerboard, and I love the feel of it. I've thought about adding another to my collection.

I've never played an Ibanez. My college roommate had one, a solid body, but I know squat about the brand. Any experience or advice? Here's the one I lust over, a AG95GA:

AG95QA-DBS%20image%204.jpg

zoommutt

I have something like that Ibanez,but with a single minihumbucker . It should be around $300? I put flat wound strings on it and it sounds good. I’m happy with it.

OldStrummer

Well, I pulled the trigger. I made an offer, agreed to the counteroffer, and it should be in my hands by the end of the week!

corpse

My friend has has an Ibanez SG (ala Carlos) for thirty (shit 40) years. He still gigs with it.

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
For $650.00, I don't see how you can go wrong... With a 3 piece laminated neck, it has a decent shot at staying straight... :salude