• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Grovers off, klusons on. Original Bushings wont fit?

Bluespower

Les Paul Forum Member
Hoping I can get some good advice on this technical issue. I have a late sixties Gibson that someone had put Grover's on earlier in its life. I have the original klusons but the bushings slightly won't fit in the original holes and I don't want to force them. How do I get them back on?
Anyone ?

poor man's burst

How come you would have to force them? Usually, one have to enlarge holes to install Grovers on a guitar originaly equiped with Kluson. Would you care to be more specific?

Bluespower

Les Paul Forum Member
This is all I know.
It had Grover Futuro tuners on it. They have pearloid keys. I had an original set of Kluson Deluxe, and when I switched them out the collars are just a hair too wide for the holes...
Maybe the Futuros have a more narrow footprint than other Grover models
??

Bluespower

Les Paul Forum Member
So, yes, the back of the headstock holes are slightly larger, but the front is smaller than vintage