• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Writing Songs Makes Me Feel Better

rockabilly69

This is the first song that I've written since this damn pandemic hit. And it's the first one that I've used my Martin guitar on since my good friend Lynn Wheelwright fixed it up for me! The electric is my Zemaitis SUJ101-LTD13, which has worked it's way into my heart as a favorite! And heartbreak songs are my favorite, so here we go...

When I finished the song I felt quite a bit better :)

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/tears-in-my-eyes

UzN42vy.jpg

tears in my eyes / weldon 2020

with that smile, and bright eyes
she looked right into me
and she lied, yeah she lied
'bout the life that she'd show me
but I was too blind, to see that I'd wind up,
with the tears in my eyes

she told me, she told me,
she said she'd never leave me
through that smile she lied
ooh, that girl, she deceived me
so why did I try, only to wind up

solo

but I was too blind,
only to wind up

so why oh why
did I ever believe her
like the snake in the tree
she whispered to me
with her tounge tipped in poison
the ancient deceiver
brought the tears to my eyes

the ancient deceiver
she brought the tears to my eyes
she brought the tears to my eyes
I got the tears in my eyes

gakees

Dan, I've enjoyed your music ever since I became familiar with you on the acoustic forum that was part of the LPF. Can't remember the name of it but do remember that the only ones ever posting were you, slidingtom and me. I enjoyed your new song and also listened to Gee It's Good To Be Back Home. Well done :yah

rockabilly69

Dan, I've enjoyed your music ever since I became familiar with you on the acoustic forum that was part of the LPF. Can't remember the name of it but do remember that the only ones ever posting were you, slidingtom and me. I enjoyed your new song and also listened to Gee It's Good To Be Back Home. Well done :yah
Hi yeah, I remember that we were the ones trying to keep that forum going, but it died a slow death:) Is Sliding-Tom still around? Glad you liked the songs! On "Gee It's Good To Be Back Home" I used my new 1954 Reissue Les Paul! I love the P90s!

Last edited:

corpse

Great tune. You need to put out an album. I would buy it.

renderit

Fabulous as always dude!

Hey, your Martin looks familiar.

Is it a "1934 Golden Era" also?

35685745904_db9bbe2f60_3k.jpg

gakees

Hi yeah, I remember that we were the ones trying to keep that forum going, but it died a slow death:) Is Sliding-Tom still around? Glad you liked the songs! On "Gee It's Good To Be Back Home" I used my new 1954 Reissue Les Paul! I love the P90s!

I had to look him up and found him on SoundClick. He's still sounding good too. I know he's a member of the LPF but haven't seen him post anything in a couple of years.

rockabilly69

Fabulous as always dude!

Hey, your Martin looks familiar.

Is it a "1934 Golden Era" also?

35685745904_db9bbe2f60_3k.jpg

Nothing that fancy Ren, just a stock HD28. But it's a good one! I bought it 10 minutes after I first picked it up, and on musician wages, it wasn't cheap, so you know it must have been a good one :) Yours is a beauty, and I bet it sounds as good as it looks!!!

rockabilly69

I had to look him up and found him on SoundClick. He's still sounding good too. I know he's a member of the LPF but haven't seen him post anything in a couple of years.
Do you have link to his soundcloud page? I would like to say hello!