• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My '14 Nashville 335 is impossible to work on!!

goldtop0

Done a few now and it requires a stiff drink before and after.

Appreciate your erudite and practical approach with that Grant:lol
Spoke with my guy again about this today and he said that he has worked on a number of them over the years, so problem solved.........lord knows why he said he wouldn't want to tackle it or say that he had in the first inst:hmm
Obviously this gives me options now as regards maintenance of the 335, good guitar techs are few and far between in this country.
Thanks for all your input and help fellas..............most appreciated, I've learnt a lot:salude

El Gringo

Appreciate your erudite and practical approach with that Grant:lol
Spoke with my guy again about this today and he said that he has worked on a number of them over the years, so problem solved.........lord knows why he said he wouldn't want to tackle it or say that he had in the first inst:hmm
Obviously this gives me options now as regards maintenance of the 335, good guitar techs are few and far between in this country.
Thanks for all your input and help fellas..............most appreciated, I've learnt a lot:salude

Good that you will be able to get this work done on your 335 . I just wanted to say that unless it's a vintage guitar (50's-60's) I would install my choice of pickups and wiring harness , as I have done on my Custom Shop Les Paul's . I am just so partial to ThroBak Pickups (MXV-SLE-101 Plus ) . I can appreciate a fully factory stock instrument and yet at the same time if I am not getting the desired sound/tone then it's fair game , after all we do have the right to enjoy our musical instruments to our hearts and ears desires . Best wishes .

Keefoman

Is there a difference between the Nashville and Memphis made 335's? I've swapped electronics in my '13 Memphis 335 through the f-hole. It was a pain in the a** and a real test of patience, but it was doable even though I'm not a guitartech by any means.

goldtop0

Good that you will be able to get this work done on your 335 . I just wanted to say that unless it's a vintage guitar (50's-60's) I would install my choice of pickups and wiring harness , as I have done on my Custom Shop Les Paul's . I am just so partial to ThroBak Pickups (MXV-SLE-101 Plus ) . I can appreciate a fully factory stock instrument and yet at the same time if I am not getting the desired sound/tone then it's fair game , after all we do have the right to enjoy our musical instruments to our hearts and ears desires . Best wishes .

I've got Timbuckers I want to try in it and some pio caps.
This 335 of mine does sound great with its Custombuckers, I really like them as with my R8 also, so it's just a matter of when we do the change really.........and see if there's any tonal difference(which I'm sure there will be).

We're at Level 1 here in NZ(as of yesterday) so we're edging towards a complete release from the lockdown thing in maybe a week or two I'd say, with no new cases in the last 2-3 weeks.
All the best to you guys in the US too, you're having quite a time of it with one thing and another at the moment:)

goldtop0

Is there a difference between the Nashville and Memphis made 335's? I've swapped electronics in my '13 Memphis 335 through the f-hole. It was a pain in the a** and a real test of patience, but it was doable even though I'm not a guitartech by any means.

Great that you did it yourself..........I'm not game to.
The big difference I've seen is that Nashville 335s etc were produced in Gloss finish(prior to 2020) and Memphis were VOS mostly(prior to the closure of the factory in early '19).
Plus Nashville have Custombucker pups and Memphis MHS.

Keefoman

Great that you did it yourself..........I'm not game to.
The big difference I've seen is that Nashville 335s etc were produced in Gloss finish(prior to 2020) and Memphis were VOS mostly(prior to the closure of the factory in early '19).
Plus Nashville have Custombucker pups and Memphis MHS.
Mine is gloss. And in ‘13 the Memphis dot came with Classic `57s. I was thinking about the size of the f-holes.

goldtop0

Mine is gloss. And in ‘13 the Memphis dot came with Classic `57s. I was thinking about the size of the f-holes.

I've never thought about f-hole size, it'd be interesting to find out any differences in models and years, for sure.

El Gringo

I've got Timbuckers I want to try in it and some pio caps.
This 335 of mine does sound great with its Custombuckers, I really like them as with my R8 also, so it's just a matter of when we do the change really.........and see if there's any tonal difference(which I'm sure there will be).

We're at Level 1 here in NZ(as of yesterday) so we're edging towards a complete release from the lockdown thing in maybe a week or two I'd say, with no new cases in the last 2-3 weeks.
All the best to you guys in the US too, you're having quite a time of it with one thing and another at the moment:)

Good for you ! I wish you the best and please stay safe . Yesterday I was as happy as I have been in quite awhile as I got a note that my Brazilian 2018 R9 Lemonburst is finally coming back home to me as she has been quarenteened and under lock up from COVID-19 . She got a new set up and I wanted to have the bridge pickup checked to make sure it was installed in the correct bridge position and also to check the stock wiring harness to verify that the ThroBak's were correctly wired to vintage 50's spec , which every thing was as I was told , except I didn't care for the prior set up and thought it was going to be an easy routine visit to my favorite shop and then COVID-19 happened and she was in lock down since mid March and now my shop just started Phase 1 last week and today she finally comes home . Bummer news is I might not be able to send more instruments to them for work as I was told I might have to wait for the next phase . Oh well ! P.S. , once I get her home she will go back on her stand and after an hour or so I will play her to check her out and rock out on her once again .

goldtop0

Good for you ! I wish you the best and please stay safe . Yesterday I was as happy as I have been in quite awhile as I got a note that my Brazilian 2018 R9 Lemonburst is finally coming back home to me as she has been quarenteened and under lock up from COVID-19 . She got a new set up and I wanted to have the bridge pickup checked to make sure it was installed in the correct bridge position and also to check the stock wiring harness to verify that the ThroBak's were correctly wired to vintage 50's spec , which every thing was as I was told , except I didn't care for the prior set up and thought it was going to be an easy routine visit to my favorite shop and then COVID-19 happened and she was in lock down since mid March and now my shop just started Phase 1 last week and today she finally comes home . Bummer news is I might not be able to send more instruments to them for work as I was told I might have to wait for the next phase . Oh well ! P.S. , once I get her home she will go back on her stand and after an hour or so I will play her to check her out and rock out on her once again .

Good result now:salude.......... but what a saga!!
I was so pleased to get my 335 sent from Tokyo mid Level 3(for us, early May).......cost me almost three times the normal freight per Fedex but great to receive.
My buddy and I are waiting on t-shirts and parts per USPS post ex USA.......him for 3 months now and me 1...........we'll get them one day:lol