• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New LP Custom, this this time 77 mint condition winered one

Progrocker111

Hi folks, i have had some absence here. During the time i have bought some guitars, but the best sounding one is surprisingly by far the mint and stock condition winered 77 Custom i bought some days ago. Most of you here who know me a bit here know, that i prefer late 60s or early 70s Customs. I have had many 75-83 Customs, but this one is really special - from both looks and tonal aspects.
Its 4.4 kg heavy, and is very rich and big sounding with many overtones. This guitar has it simply all - punch, amazing sustain, clarity and big 3D tone with heavy bass and nice airiness. Mo muddy or dead tone cause of 300k linear pots here. No sharp or shrill highs here. Rivals many early 70s ones tonewise. Great hardrock machine :dude:

dpPpnmN.jpg

3sXjr8C.jpg

qqieFDn.jpg

RJfK2TC.jpg

ki8EDkZ.jpg

seVemZF.jpg

Icc9DIT.jpg

dSFK4kZ.jpg

Big Al

That brings back such fond memories. In that condition you can see why I push back against the negative nancy norlin era knownothing naysayers unfounded criticisms. What a beautiful and beautifully made guitar. In good hands, for sure. I know you'll enjoy it.

Progrocker111

That brings back such fond memories. In that condition you can see why I push back against the negative nancy norlin era knownothing naysayers unfounded criticisms. What a beautiful and beautifully made guitar. In good hands, for sure. I know you'll enjoy it.

Thanks Big Al, yes its wonderfully made guitar with great fret and bindingwork. Cant find a flaw on her... :)

metropolis

I'm usually of the opinion Customs should only be black but that certainly is a beautiful guitar and in great condition too!

Strings Jr.

So true Big Al. I couldn't have said it better.

Congrats Prog on this amazing guitar!! :dude: