• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Unregistered burst up for auction

Minibucker

I love it.

Whoa, I just realized the this is in the next town from me! Might want to see if I can take a look.

Edit: never mind, bidders only.

Last edited:

deytookerjaabs

Sure looks like the grain pixels match up to me :hmm

3aDlwG4h.jpg

And the wood appears to be the same color in the indented areas.

boogieongtr

The graft is a very good match and maybe from the same chunk of wood the body was cut from. If it was a sticker that area would be darker not lighter in color. An in hand inspection is the only way to tell for sure. Still looks like a graft to me.

T.Allen

From the description:

Body is fashioned largely from one piece of mahogany with small wing on base side of lower bout. This is believed to be 100% original from Gibson factory.

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
From the description:

Body is fashioned largely from one piece of mahogany with small wing on base side of lower bout. This is believed to be 100% original from Gibson factory.

OK, this is way above my pay grade: who here can document authoritatively that they have ever seen such a thing on ANY OTHER BURST? Not talking about any other model of LP, such as the all-gold GT mentioned above. Asking about any verified instances of two-piece Mahogany bodies 58-60 Les Paul Standards. Anyone?

sws1

Sold for $185,000 plus 20% buyer's premium = $216k

Plus tax if you don't ship out of state.

joeh77

I'm in the Westport, CT area and received a notification on this auction a while back. I'm not in that economic local, so I could not dream of even going in and taking a look. Know JBLPplayer won a pedal from this auction and went in to personally pick it up. Would be interesting to hear what an expert thought of this piece, from a tone and play ability perspective, if anyone actually went in and took a look.

Joe

Last edited:

sws1

Know JBLPplayer won a pedal from this auction and when in to personally pick it up. Would be interesting to hear what an expert thought of this piece, from a tone and play ability perspective, if anyone actually went in and took a look.

Joe

I think he won more than a pedal.:dude:

corpse

Now that someone here owns this one- what is the opinion on the piece that was described as being a different piece of wood?

Minibucker

So was Joe B actually in Westport? If so, I'm a little miffed he didn't call, I'm a town away..... thought we had something, dude.

:spabout