• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Question about 2017 Standard tuners

Easye921

Hey guys. Just joined the site. I have a 2017 Les Paul Standard with a Grover locking tuners. I'm not a fan of them. Have you guys had any issues tuning with these. It seems like on the thinner strings you can turn and turn on the tuner and nothing happens. Is this normal for these? This is my first Gibson, so I'm not sure if these is just par for the course.

grimlyflick

Hey guys. Just joined the site. I have a 2017 Les Paul Standard with a Grover locking tuners. I'm not a fan of them. Have you guys had any issues tuning with these. It seems like on the thinner strings you can turn and turn on the tuner and nothing happens. Is this normal for these? This is my first Gibson, so I'm not sure if these is just par for the course.

I find they work fine, but I’m not a massive fan of the 18:ratio. I have Klusons with 15:1 which I prefer, although to be honest it’s not that much of a deal that I could be bothered to change them.

TexasFM3

Say Brother -

Forgive me if I am posting this and you already know the Ins and Outs of the Locking tuner. Many folks have the locking tuners but still want to use them traditionally as though it should be wrapped with many turns. The video is for a wham barred system, but the concept still holds on the locking tuners themselves.

Hope this offers some insight.

Rock On Brother!

Easye921

Say Brother -

Forgive me if I am posting this and you already know the Ins and Outs of the Locking tuner. Many folks have the locking tuners but still want to use them traditionally as though it should be wrapped with many turns. The video is for a wham barred system, but the concept still holds on the locking tuners themselves.

Hope this offers some insight.

Rock On Brother!

Thanks man. I dont wrap on locking tuners. Just pull snug, tighten the lock and tune up. They hold tune fine. I guess I'm just nitpicking.