• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD 2014 Les Paul R7 Goldtop + COA typo

chief_nobody

Howdy all. I just got my first reissue LP. Plays fantastic and I am very happy with the 1957 GT. Its a 2014 and still nearly brand new amazingly. The one quirk with this is the COA, the serial numbers are correct but as you can see in the model it says LPR4 strangely? Odd mistake to make to whoever wrote it in (theories appreciated). Regardless, she is a beauty and will be played often in a new home. Cheers.

20200505_165314.jpg20200505_165308.jpg20200510_160237.jpg20200510_160355.jpg20200510_160334.jpg

goldtop0

Welcome and congrats on a fine R7/4...........:hmm
Might have been that the CS had just done a run of R4s............GTs all look the same of course:lol
And the honey/gold finish too it looks like, my favourite of the gold finishes in the last 17 years or so:2cool

Has yours got a fat neck.

Midnight Blues

Nice! Congrats, HNGTD
jam.gif
play her in good health and :welcome to the LPF!

Last edited:

chief_nobody

Welcome and congrats on a fine R7/4...........:hmm
Might have been that the CS had just done a run of R4s............GTs all look the same of course:lol
And the honey/gold finish too it looks like, my favourite of the gold finishes in the last 17 years or so:2cool

Has yours got a fat neck.

Thanks for the welcome. It does have a good sized neck, big but really comfortable for me. Kind of cool about the R4 mistake if that's the case.

rockabilly69

Howdy all. I just got my first reissue LP. Plays fantastic and I am very happy with the 1957 GT. Its a 2014 and still nearly brand new amazingly. The one quirk with this is the COA, the serial numbers are correct but as you can see in the model it says LPR4 strangely? Odd mistake to make to whoever wrote it in (theories appreciated). Regardless, she is a beauty and will be played often in a new home. Cheers.

Congrats on your new guitar, I bet you'll love it!

I've had a few LPs, but when I got my 2014 R7 Goldtop, that was the one that stopped the hunt for me. I bought mine from a guy on The Gear Page, and I was worried I may get a dud, because it was pretty much new when I bought it from him, and I couldn't help wonder why he sold it so fast. But it was just the opposite, it was the perfect Les Paul for me! It was light weight at 8.1 lbs (not chambered), the tone was very balanced, with a throaty neck pickup and a wonderful bridge pickup, and the fit and finish was excellent, and I really loved the 2014 goldtop finish, it looked great. After a while, I noticed a lot of people here on the forum were talking about how around 2013/2014 there were quite a few good historics. Gibson started changing things that seemed to be more tone oriented than cosmetic, like using hide glue in the neck joint and for affixing the fingerboard, removing the truss rod condom, and introducing the custom-buckers which were slightly lower in output and generally more open and less harsh sounding than the burst-buckers that were previously installed in historics. And, although the neck is chunky, around that time Gibson starting shaping the shoulders of the neck a lot more like the originals so they were more comfortable to play. So I hope yours exhibits the same qualities as mine, as I love mine. Of many guitars, mine went right to the number one spot, and has stayed there for about 5 years! And just recently, I bought a 2019 R4 to have P90s, and man, I love them both.

chief_nobody

Congrats on your new guitar, I bet you'll love it!

I've had a few LPs, but when I got my 2014 R7 Goldtop, that was the one that stopped the hunt for me. I bought mine from a guy on The Gear Page, and I was worried I may get a dud, because it was pretty much new when I bought it from him, and I couldn't help wonder why he sold it so fast. But it was just the opposite, it was the perfect Les Paul for me! It was light weight at 8.1 lbs (not chambered), the tone was very balanced, with a throaty neck pickup and a wonderful bridge pickup, and the fit and finish was excellent, and I really loved the 2014 goldtop finish, it looked great. After a while, I noticed a lot of people here on the forum were talking about how around 2013/2014 there were quite a few good historics. Gibson started changing things that seemed to be more tone oriented than cosmetic, like using hide glue in the neck joint and for affixing the fingerboard, removing the truss rod condom, and introducing the custom-buckers which were slightly lower in output and generally more open and less harsh sounding than the burst-buckers that were previously installed in historics. And, although the neck is chunky, around that time Gibson starting shaping the shoulders of the neck a lot more like the originals so they were more comfortable to play. So I hope yours exhibits the same qualities as mine, as I love mine. Of many guitars, mine went right to the number one spot, and has stayed there for about 5 years! And just recently, I bought a 2019 R4 to have P90s, and man, I love them both.

Thank you Sir. I too feel like I am done for a while after getting this R7, I mean how much better can I get for my budget. I have plenty of other nice guitars to play with anyways, but I am lacking in the amp department now haha :laugh2: never ends. I also did my research on this site and came to the conclusion the best bang for the buck was a reissue with what I was looking to get. Its nice having all the accumulated knowledge here and friendly enthusiasts to help out. The research resource of this site is nice when you want to spend a lot of money on a Guitar these days, helps narrow it down the hunt for sure.

goldtop0

Thanks for the welcome. It does have a good sized neck, big but really comfortable for me. Kind of cool about the R4 mistake if that's the case.

Fatter necks are where it's at for me and good to see that yours fits the bill in that dept........just like a good R7 should:2cool