• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2017 Gibson LP custom- Satin Rhino Gray - How many made?

rynomig

Greetings,

I'm curious if anyone might know how many guitars were made in the limited edition 2017 Gibson LP in Satin Rhino Gray? My research indicates 25 were made in the rhino gloss same year. Then another site said only 2 or 3 were made in the satin finish. I also looked up other limited editions and appears the custom shop only makes 25 at a time?...although it could vary I assume.

So my question is specifically related to the 2017 Rhino satin finish, how many were made.

Here are some Rhino serial numbers i found online that might help in identifying how many were satin.

CS 701654 (satin finish)
CS 701613 gloss finish
CS 701611 gloss
CS 700777 (satin finish)
CS 700778 gloss

I just realized the custom shop must alternate between gloss and satin finishing based on these serial numbers. Also based on these numbers there is an 876 difference from top number to bottom number, meaning 1000 of them could have been made?

Last edited:

rynomig

Greetings,

I'm curious if anyone might know how many guitars were made in the limited edition 2017 Gibson LP in Satin Rhino Gray? My research indicates 25 were made in the rhino gloss same year. Then another site said only 2 or 3 were made in the satin finish. I also looked up other limited editions and appears the custom shop only makes 25 at a time?...although it could vary I assume.

So my question is specifically related to the 2017 Rhino satin finish, how many were made.

Here are some Rhino serial numbers i found online that might help in identifying how many were satin.

CS 701654 (satin finish)
CS 701613 gloss finish
CS 701611 gloss
CS 700777 (satin finish)
CS 700778 gloss

I just realized the custom shop must alternate between gloss and satin finishing based on these serial numbers. Also based on these numbers there is an 876 difference from top number to bottom number, meaning 1000 of them could have been made?

After reviewing the spec sheet again, it does in fact say 25 were made in satin and 25 in gloss.