• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

'57 Classic pups in Les Paul..

Aloha_Ark

The '57 Classic pickups are on my 2000 era white Gibson SG Custom and an L4. They are one of Gibson's finest creations, and though inexpensive, are featured on some of their elite models. No hesitation putting them on an LP. But you might also consider trying out a T-top in the neck position. That's a little jem which I find works with a lot of new or vintage guitars.

LedZeppl1

I have classic's 57 and 57+ on my 83 Les Paul Custom.
Nothing bad to say about them.
You have a lot of vids on internet demonstrating the sound, very good as much in clean than in rock sounds

brittwin

I have a 2002 Les Paul Standard that came stock with BB Pros. I swapped them for a set of ‘57 Classic/ Classic +, but the the 57 + I have is not your everyday 57+. It has nearly The same reading on my meter as the neck.

With that being said, they sound absolutely perfect in that guitar. I never tried anything else or went back to the BB Pros. Just left them in the case to keep the original pickups with it.

c_wester

I have found that a good piece of wood sounds good with almost anything.

I have stopped buying guitars that needs uppgrades.
If the wood cannot deliver it through that setup, buy another one.

Try buy and rocknroll.

rockabilly69

Try buy and rocknroll.

I've got three Les Pauls right now, and the upgrades are none to minimal, and they are all as good as I could dream of a Les Paul being.

1 2010 Historic RO - No upgrades
2 2014 Historic R7 - Steel tailpiece studs
3 2019 Historic R4 - MojoAxe compensated wraptail

Big Al

Try buy and rocknroll.

This is so true. The whole "upgrade" thing is so much bullshit, and it is so overblown, oversold and overhyped.

somebodyelseuk

I read an old thread a few months back, on the other forum, where a guy saying he was an ex manager at Gibson, involved in the devolopment of the pickups for a Japanese guy... sorry for my vagueness... said that when Custom Shop developed pickups begin to appear on USA models, they build them using current production materials, as opposed to the "vintage correct" materials they'd previously used.
Whether this accounts for apparent change in tone...?