• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1994 B7 Tenon

simon

Hi guys,
I have a 94 B7 2 pickup that has a short tenon... I thought they all had long tenons since they started the historic reissues in 93? Does anyone know more about this?
Thanks‘

Tim Plains

Correct and Customs only. A guy at the other forum has access to an X-ray machine and has scanned several Les Pauls. R7 Customs up until 96-98, can't remember exact year, have short tenon. I may be wrong but I believe they also have swiss cheese holes.

simon

Found the pics. Thanks Tim. Kinda sucks... they‘re just the regular USA Customs with mahogany tops and ink stamped serial! Never knew that.

GreenBurst

I have never seen or heard of a "B" designation before. What does this mean? Thanks.

A reference to Black Beauty. A more effective term would be R7BB. It's '57 reissue LP Custom. Same goes for '54 thru '56.