• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

74-75 Gibson Les Paul custom 20th Anniversary question

El Gringo

Yes,Gringo,just the plastic bits..Not the switch..glued her back together for now and twisted back on until I decide it needs more love than that.Plays aces, so psyched.:dance:hank

That is so awesome , as I knew you would love her and be in love as soon as you plugged her in and played her . The plastic switch tip is easy to replace and is like 5 or 6 bucks . Enjoy and rock out and play her in good health .

JRF134

Well, I spoke to a gentleman from Gruhn named Joe,and although he didn't charge me for some of his wisdom,which was very decent and generous,he did inform me with no serial number no appraisal could be validated.He did say he thought it was a regular 75 custom lp,not an anniversary..I then emailed the twentieth anniversary fret pic and was basically asked to stop bugging him in a nice way.lol..he was decent enough to help try and get me sorted though,but now I am like??? is this a rare guitar?he said only black n white were 20th annies..and cherry sunburst wasnt an annie??? so now I am like??? I do not mind though,,she plays so nice,the glassy tones from the pups are so damn sweet.so it will be as it is.never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Last edited:

JRF134

Well, I spoke to a gentleman from Gruhn named Joe,and although he didn't charge me for some of his wisdom,which was very decent and generous,he did inform me with no serial number no appraisal could be validated.He did say he thought it was a regular 75 custom lp,not an anniversary..I then emailed the twentieth anniversary fret pic and was basically asked to stop bugging him in a nice way.lol..he was decent enough to help try and get me sorted though,but now I am like??? is this a rare guitar?he said only black n white were 20th annies..and cherry sunburst wasnt an annie??? so now I am like hmmm??? I do not mind though,,she plays so nice,the glassy tones from the pups are so damn sweet.so it will be as it is.never look a gift horse in the mouth.
I will add I didn't let him know in my first email I had bought it,I then emailed him 2 more times after he replied,so I am sure he was annoyed by then.So he wasn't being out of line,I was, for continuing to question him.

Last edited:

Progrocker111

What a nice Custom, still with early 70s specs. Its most probably early to mid 75, still with mahogany neck. Congrats, these are great Les Pauls - often with very strong, articulate tone with great sustain ideal for old school rock and hardrock. :dude:

JRF134

What a nice Custom, still with early 70s specs. Its most probably early to mid 75, still with mahogany neck. Congrats, these are great Les Pauls - often with very strong, articulate tone with great sustain ideal for old school rock and hardrock. :dude:

Thanks,yep,I am in love with her.There was the question of it not being an anniversary as they only stated black or white in the catalogue,yet that seems to be debated.So I dunno,I am not too concerned about it,I am happy to find it is the same year and style Randy Rhodes played..cept for the color.

Last edited: