• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fripp weekly Soundscapes.

ourmaninthenorth

Joining the other artists that are doing their bit during the current chaos, Mr Fripp is releasing a weekly Soundscape on youtube.

Not everyone's cup of tea granted, but this is the sort of stuff I'm experimenting with myself at the moment...I can put myself into a trance playing around with this stuff.

Hope it gives everyone a quiet 10 mins or so. Enjoy.

:salude

Reactions: J T

Henrayy

Sometimes hidden Harmony matters more than an intelligible melody. Thank you for your legacy. Respect from Russia.
I think you are right about. sometimes hidden Harmony matters more than an intelligible melody. I really like your thought thanks for sharing it.

Bes regards
gbapps.net

godyato

I really love these weekly soundscapes. Soothes my mind and heart. Thank you really much for sharing this with us. From love.
All the best for the future, keep up the good work.
Regards: ModsDroid

GimmeGibson

And then for fun watch the Sunday lunch stuff with Robert and Toyah. There so funny.

spiceagent11

Sometimes hidden Harmony matters more than an intelligible melody. Thank you for your legacy.

sstevemmitchell

Chords flow and caress, elevate and nurture, in melody landscapes like a gentle current of a mountainous river that winds towards the cliff joined to the celestial horizon. Thank you Robert. Discord Fonts

madison9

Harmonies stream and stroke, raise and support, in tune scenes like a delicate momentum of a hilly waterway that breezes towards the precipice joined to the divine skyline. Much thanks to you Robert. Discord fonts

gazieurt

The weekly soundscapes are very enjoyable for me. This is relaxing and peaceful for me. I look forward to continuing to hear them. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes.
Good luck in your future endeavors.
regard cpstest

SpencerD

Heads up for a new band.

Calling themselves Beat

Adrian Belew,Danny Carey,Tony Levin and Steve Vai.

Playing King Crimson songs.

You're welcome 😀

ourmaninthenorth

Heads up for a new band.

Calling themselves Beat

Adrian Belew,Danny Carey,Tony Levin and Steve Vai.

Playing King Crimson songs.

You're welcome 😀
I think this'll be interesting, Tony and Adrian are masters, the Tool drummer is sound, although personally Vai has very limited appeal.

I saw Vai share a stage with Fripp on the G3 thing ( along with Joe Satriani ) . Each had a solo slot and then all three performed the track Red. Frankly Joe and Steve bored the living bejesus out of me, Vai even went as far as throwing a pick into the audience which hit me on the head - somewhat of a highlight for me as it signalled the geezer had finished playing!!! For balance, Fripp played one of his more soporific soundscapes which more than lived up to the descriptor. Joe just did what he does. Two and a half hours waiting to hear Fripp go after Red even stretched me, and I'm a lifelong admirer.

I'd like to hear this ensemble tackle Fracture, which Fripp can barely play!!

Thanks for the heads up Mate.