• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Peterson StroboPlus HD Tuner

corpse

Kenny
I have a Turbo Tuner- and for the average player I think this type of tuner is a must for doing set ups. More than this is overkill unless you are a tech or a luthier/builder- and even then I think these are plenty.

ourmaninthenorth

Kenny - I've used Peterson tuners for years and years. Had most of them apart from the rack and the one you're asking about. Currently use one of the original Strobo Stomp VS-S.

Best in the business.

One of these days I'll finally figure out how to use the buggers properly.....

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Kenny - I've used Peterson tuners for years and years. Had most of them apart from the rack and the one you're asking about. Currently use one of the original Strobo Stomp VS-S.

Best in the business.

One of these days I'll finally figure out how to use the buggers properly.....

Cool... I seriously need a full featured tuner... At $125.00 it seems like the way to go... This will be the "stay at home, bench unit"... :salude

ourmaninthenorth

Cool... I seriously need a full featured tuner... At $125.00 it seems like the way to go... This will be the "stay at home, bench unit"... :salude

I used one of these for years on the bench ( commonly know in my home as the dining room table...) Peterson VS-II Virtual Strobe.

Try and find one second hand if you can Kenny, about the same dough as you're looking to spend.

peterson-vs-ii-virtual-strobe-40748.jpg

Or one of these - Peterson V-SAM.

mgjilgohfw29uzbnlnux.jpg

9k=

:salude

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
I used one of these for years on the bench ( commonly know in my home as the dining room table...) Peterson VS-II Virtual Strobe.

Try and find one second hand if you can Kenny, about the same dough as you're looking to spend.

peterson-vs-ii-virtual-strobe-40748.jpg

Or one of these - Peterson V-SAM.

mgjilgohfw29uzbnlnux.jpg

9k=

:salude

Thank you sir... :salude

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
I still have my Peterson VS-1, which I purchased around 2003 or '4 shortly after I joined the LPF, and everyone was raving about it. As someone in the forum said back then, "once you go strobe, you never go back." And they we're right. :dude:

i-GN6mpbm-L.jpg

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
I still have my Peterson VS-1, which I purchased around 2003 or '4 shortly after I joined the LPF, and everyone was raving about it. As someone in the forum said back then, "once you go strobe, you never go back." And they we're right. :dude:

Yup... I'm gonna grab one of the new ones, as soon as I find a dealer who has one... :peace2

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
You have a smart phone?

There are plenty of free or pay apps that have all the features you could ask for.

I use Peterson StroboSoft, just because:

peterson_strobosoft.png

J T

I have the vs-1 on the bench for years. It always worked great. Easy to read. Easy to use.

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I think I'm going with the Peterson StroboPlus HD. I really prefer the bigger size for home use... :salude

akstrat61

I had a Turbo-tuner for years. It worked great, but in the sunlight for festivals it sucked!:hmm I had to tape shield up to see the tuner.:jim

57Strat777

I have had this one for about 4 years. I love it. I think it has been replaced with a newer model. At the time I bought mine, I think it was the only clip-on that was accurate to 1/10th of a cent, where as most clip-ons are accurate to 1 cent.

9ac17594b92bcf38a225f241ebb43196_380x0.jpg