The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Peterson StroboPlus HD Tuner

Okay kids... Any opinions on this thing???
    Stop by and get reacquainted with The all NEW Fender Forum

"...put aside the alienation, get on with the fascination, the real relation, the underlying theme."
    Neil Peart (September 12, 1952 - January 7, 2020)

Re: Peterson StroboPlus HD Tuner

Kenny
    I have a Turbo Tuner- and for the average player I think this type of tuner is a must for doing set ups. More than this is overkill unless you are a tech or a luthier/builder- and even then I think these are plenty.

Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar

Kenny - I've used Peterson tuners for years and years. Had most of them apart from the rack and the one you're asking about. Currently use one of the original Strobo Stomp VS-S.

Best in the business.

One of these days I'll finally figure out how to use the buggers properly.....
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

Quote Originally Posted by ourmaninthenorth View Post
    Kenny - I've used Peterson tuners for years and years. Had most of them apart from the rack and the one you're asking about. Currently use one of the original Strobo Stomp VS-S.

Best in the business.

One of these days I'll finally figure out how to use the buggers properly.....
    Cool... I seriously need a full featured tuner... At $125.00 it seems like the way to go... This will be the "stay at home, bench unit"...

"...put aside the alienation, get on with the fascination, the real relation, the underlying theme."

Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KennyF View Post
    Cool... I seriously need a full featured tuner... At $125.00 it seems like the way to go... This will be the "stay at home, bench unit"...
    I used one of these for years on the bench ( commonly know in my home as the dining room table...) Peterson VS-II Virtual Strobe.

Try and find one second hand if you can Kenny, about the same dough as you're looking to spend.

Or one of these - Peterson V-SAM.

Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

Quote Originally Posted by ourmaninthenorth View Post
    I used one of these for years on the bench ( commonly know in my home as the dining room table...) Peterson VS-II Virtual Strobe.

Try and find one second hand if you can Kenny, about the same dough as you're looking to spend.

Or one of these - Peterson V-SAM.

Thank you sir...

Les Paul Forum Member Ed Driscoll's Avatar

I still have my Peterson VS-1, which I purchased around 2003 or '4 shortly after I joined the LPF, and everyone was raving about it. As someone in the forum said back then, "once you go strobe, you never go back." And they we're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Driscoll View Post
    I still have my Peterson VS-1, which I purchased around 2003 or '4 shortly after I joined the LPF, and everyone was raving about it. As someone in the forum said back then, "once you go strobe, you never go back." And they we're right.
    Yup... I'm gonna grab one of the new ones, as soon as I find a dealer who has one...

All Access/Backstage Pass Wilko's Avatar

You have a smart phone?

There are plenty of free or pay apps that have all the features you could ask for.

I use Peterson StroboSoft, just because:

Quote Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
    You have a smart phone?

There are plenty of free or pay apps that have all the features you could ask for.

I use Peterson StroboSoft, just because:

This is the BEST tuner investment you can make. Check it out, you won't be disappointed. Very affordable. I have one on each of my pedal boards.

https://www.turbo-tuner.com

I have the vs-1 on the bench for years. It always worked great. Easy to read. Easy to use.
    The farther you go, the closer you are.

Actually, I think I'm going with the Peterson StroboPlus HD. I really prefer the bigger size for home use...

I had a Turbo-tuner for years. It worked great, but in the sunlight for festivals it sucked! I had to tape shield up to see the tuner.
    Game on!

Les Paul Forum Member 57Strat777's Avatar

I have had this one for about 4 years. I love it. I think it has been replaced with a newer model. At the time I bought mine, I think it was the only clip-on that was accurate to 1/10th of a cent, where as most clip-ons are accurate to 1 cent.