• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Turd Day - 1961 LP SG

Phatfrank

Filthy guitar. Looks worse than a hound dog that has not been bathed in 3 years. Must sound awesome. Is the neck intact around the heel, or was it glued back on? The Throbak should sound good on the guitar, but if it doesn't, try a Tom Holmes or a T-top.

I had a 1959 LP Jr which was a player grade guitar. It had a cutout for a switch, right under the pickguard. Similar to the OP's pic. Learned it was housing a kill switch. Why? The output jack was corroded enough that it behaved like a diode, and would cause a horrible sound to come out of the guitar, any ole time. I said screw it and put a gold jack into its place. Functionality beats form in my book.

there is a visible repair on the heel but it was not a full break. Seems very sturdy, so not worried. The throbaks sound fantastic, so no plans to switch them.

The kill switch suggestion sounds very plausible, thanks for that!

macg1

Love it. If that was really the Hinds 61, I am jealous. I wanted to buy it from him but missed out on timing. I also was trying to buy his 54/57 conversion, and missed that too. One of my favorite players. Congratulations! Maybe you can reach out to him on Facebook to confirm? It could get some good progeny/history to go along with it.

Phatfrank

Love it. If that was really the Hinds 61, I am jealous. I wanted to buy it from him but missed out on timing. I also was trying to buy his 54/57 conversion, and missed that too. One of my favorite players. Congratulations! Maybe you can reach out to him on Facebook to confirm? It could get some good progeny/history to go along with it.

Not a bad idea, thx!!