• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Incoming-First CS purchase!!

fredrogers75

UPDATED WITH PICS!!!-First CS purchase!!

Well I finally made my decision and purchased an LP Custom from David at CME. Black VOS, real ebony fingerboard, all hide glue construction, uncovered custombuckers. Supposedly this was a limited edition. Was going to go for the new one they had but there were some grain issues on the fb which made me turn my attention to a floor model they had for sale of the same run. Got the shipping confirmation today and I'll have it by Friday. And of course, pics will be uploaded once it arrives. To say I'm excited would be a gross understatement.

Anyone have any experience with these and if so, lemme hear all about it. As for the "limited edition", how limited? That part didn't concern me too much but I'd just like to know. Thanks, gang.

Last edited:

fredrogers75

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed it is! Just checked ups and it's been loaded on the truck for delivery by the end of day. Unfortunately we always seem to be the last stop for the ups man. So I'm guessing around 6/7 tonight. That's when his truck is usually in the neighborhood. Can't imagine how I'm gonna actually get work done today.

AWESOME! :salude

"tic, tock, tic, tock, tic, tock..." :peace2

Midnight Blues

She is absolutely GORGEOUS! You can keep all the sunbursts/flametops, there's nothing like a Black Beauty Custom as far as I'm concerned!

Congrats, HNGD
jam.gif
and play her in good health!

fredrogers75

So the doorbell rang just before 8pm. It's beautiful! So far love the neck and the vos is actually very, very well done. Thanks to David A over at Chicago Music Exchange!!! Haven't even plugged it in yet tonight. That might wait until tomorrow.

20200501_202359.jpg20200501_202745.jpg20200501_202749.jpg20200501_204408.jpg20200501_202739.jpg