• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

CS serial question

feelthedarkness

Considering a Les Paul Custom advertised as a '57 reissue, but it has a CS serial and a Gibson Custom logo on the back of the headstock. Did they make reissues with CS serials, or is this just a regular custom that was made in the custom shop?

ej.

Considering a Les Paul Custom advertised as a '57 reissue, but it has a CS serial and a Gibson Custom logo on the back of the headstock. Did they make reissues with CS serials, or is this just a regular custom that was made in the custom shop?

More than likely just a regular Custom model. I believe the 57 Custom Reissues should still have the 7XXXX number layout. *Should* have a long tenon too.

J.D.

CS prefix serial numbers are custom shop builds, typically with a non-standard appointment.

axeman565758

regular production CS customs are mahogany body, maple top. ( unless an M2M/special order...but thats a whole diff. convo)
The Historic/57 Custom custom shop model is constructed like an original 57 LP Custom, mahogany top/body/neck

feelthedarkness

I'm pretty sure now this one has the standard custom specs. It does have a Nashville bridge and also the control knobs aren't like they should be for a 57 RI. I'm sure it's a nice guitar, I've just been wanting to check out an all mahogany custom.