• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Steve Clark white LPC body thickness?

tarlton

I was watching Hysteria tour vid and thought the body (especially under high fretboard area) was extra fat. Is this a specific model? I read Steve used the Custom Shop for certain specs. A cursory search revealed just under 2.5'' is the standard thickness... I've never played a LPC but in the video that axe looks non-standard. Anyone have details?

Cheers

AJCR

Not sure about that particular axe, but the LPC was made with the same blanks that the 'standard' was.
What can make a difference is the sharp edged binding vs rounded corner back making the look a bit different

tarlton

That's not it...true it has no binding but it's a fat guitar. I guess not many fans of Steve Clark here. I'm not either but the guitar photo piqued my interest. Guess I'll try another forum for this.

lhric

I was watching Hysteria tour vid and thought the body (especially under high fretboard area) was extra fat. Is this a specific model? I read Steve used the Custom Shop for certain specs. A cursory search revealed just under 2.5'' is the standard thickness... I've never played a LPC but in the video that axe looks non-standard. Anyone have details?

Cheers

I think this guitar and the other black Custom were specifically made for Steve for the Hysteria tour. He put Kayler tremolo setups on all his guitars back then. A lot of players did with the Kramer/Ibanez shredder phase. I prefer the old Steve with the 74/77 Les Paul Special with modded DiMarzio pickups a la Photograph, Rock of Ages , and Fool’n videos.

tarlton

wow just when i was giving up...
thanks Ihric. So It's not my imagination. So Steve had two? And just for that tour... anyone else have more information? Good photos?

fredrogers75

I honestly thought it was the Angus Young/Randy Rhoads effect. He was so skinny and small that the guitar looked massive on him.

Big Al

That's not it...true it has no binding but it's a fat guitar. I guess not many fans of Steve Clark here. I'm not either but the guitar photo piqued my interest. Guess I'll try another forum for this.

No, it just looks fat too you. It is not, but try any forum you like, maybe someone can make up some fairytale answer you'd like better.

Rockhard

Alright Al :)

I interviewed Steve in 83 and was invited backstage at Newcastle gig . He was a nice lad .

Big Al

Alright Al :)

I interviewed Steve in 83 and was invited backstage at Newcastle gig . He was a nice lad .

I quite liked his playing. Sorry he bought into the lifestyle mythos crap so hard. Did he get fat tone with his magic extra fat lester?